Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 helical through a WB ??? >

helical through a WB ???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

helical through a WB ???

Old 07-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default helical through a WB ???

Anyone shooting helical fletched arrows through a WB ???
I'm buying a fletching tool one of these days so.....

F.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:10 AM

Default RE: helical through a WB ???

Helical works fine through the biscuit.....Just use a more rigid vane such as Blazers (those work best irregardless of helical)...
Old 07-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

If your shooting helical thru a biscuit, my initial thought would be to use Blazers, or buy a fletching jig.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just fletch with a slight off-set and they (4" vanes)go through my Biscuit nicely.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:14 AM

I have shot helical feathers through the WB for years with no problems. I've never had a fletch come off (thousands of shots), and they have never been damaged by the bisquit. After hundreds of shots, the edges get a bit fuzzy, which makes them fly even better in my opinion. The only disadvantage is that feathers make slightly more noise when going through the bisquit with a helical. On the upside, broadhead flight is incredibly good.

Back when I still shot vanes with field tipped arrows, my helically fletched vanes also went through it with no problems. Even so, I doubt I'll ever shoot another vane again, and don't recommend them no matter what rest you use.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Owkay thx, I really wanted to go helical because I need a good spin for my arrows to adjust.....

thx

Frank
Belgium
Old 07-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

I just switched to helical Blazers and so far they are flying good.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as helical blazers, pretty much not even noticable because they are so short, mostly just shoot offset and you should be fine.Blazers are generally agreed upon as the best biscuit fletch.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Helical with Blazers is pretty ridiculous, shoot them with an offset, and it will make a lot less noise, wisker damage, and vane troubles... 2" blzers just aren't really long enough to justify helical, but they do shoot great with a slight (1 or 2 degree) offset.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Spike

Been fletching all my arrows, Gold Tips / Carbon Express / ST Axis, with Blazers and using a Arizona EZ Fletch that puts them at 6 degrees right.
Using WB on all my hunting bows and have not had any issue with the fletching at all. As long as the arrow shaft and Blazers are prepped correctly and glued correctly you won't have any problems to worry about.

Quick Reply: helical through a WB ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.