Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep Rotating?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peep Rotating?

My peep keeps rotating on me where when I draw it is not rotated to the right far enough.(Right Handed) I took it to the shop a few weeks ago where I bought it and they said oh that's normal after quiet a few shots on a new string. So they put a twist in my string to fix it. It worked right for about 20 shots and then I started having to line it up before every shot again. I have heard of eventually training your peep to rotate right every shot, but by now it should be trained if it is going to be. I also noticed the string loop where it is tied to the string can be rotated by twisting it with my fingers. I did not think this was supposed to be possible if it was tied right. Man, sorry for being so long winded but I need some advice. What should I do?

Thanks, LT
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep Rotating?

By the way I guess I should add, my bow is less than a year old with factory 2 color Bowtech string.

LT
Old 07-25-2007, 08:48 PM

Couple things.....IF you can, and it's not uncomfortable, you can slide the peep up the string ever so slightly....It prolly won't take but about 1/8", and it'll pop right around......That sometimes works.....

#2....Press the bow, and take 1 strand of the string off the side it's pulling TO and move it to the opposite side....That usually works...Somtimes 2 strands...
Old 07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

I dunno about bowtech strings, but after I press my bow (hoyt strings) it takes a ton of shots to settle again. Plus a new string will need a bunch of shots to get settled in.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:51 PM
bigcountry

Shoot a bow about 100 shots then instead of pressing see if you can rotate by moving on the string. Most likely you can't.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Try twisting your string about a half turn past where you need the peep to rotate. Hold it there and pull about 1/4 draw several times. Then turn it loose and see if it helped bring it around. If it didn't come around enough, turn it a little further and repeat. It's worked often enough for me that it's worth a try.