Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New arrows...and a broadhead question >

New arrows...and a broadhead question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New arrows...and a broadhead question

Old 07-12-2007, 07:26 PM

Default New arrows...and a broadhead question

Well, I figured I would be better off if I got arrows that were spined right in the first place. I just purchased a dozen Axis obsession 500's with 4" feathers fletched helical. I had to order them at 28", a full 3" longer than my draw, so they'll spine correctly. I also ordered a ripcord rest. I figured full helical feathers and a whiskerbiscuit wouldn't play nice together. Now the "which broadhead should I use" question. I'm leaning towards 125 grain Magnus stingers, 2 blade. Any other suggestion or am I good to go?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:54 PM

Default RE: New arrows...and a broadhead question

It depends on on how under spined over spined you are then you can decide on head weight. More eqauls weaker spine less eqauls stiffer spine. You need to think of this before you buy the arrows. But there are other thingsyou can do if you want the 125 gr. head. I would suggest playing with your draw weight a little bit. As for the broadhead brand I use Muzzy three blades and have no complaints. H ave not used your magnus ones so I cannot compare.Good Luck and Good Hunting
Old 07-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Stingers are awesome broadheads-very sharp and they fly great.The arrows should fly nice off lower weight bows.If they act weak-spined,you can always cut them down a little to stiffen them up until they group where you're aiming
Old 07-13-2007, 02:27 PM