Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrow wraps to increase FOC >

Arrow wraps to increase FOC

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow wraps to increase FOC

Old 07-11-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Arrow wraps to increase FOC

Has anyone here put arrow wraps on the front of the arrow? I'm thinking of trying this to increase FOC, but wondered if they stood up to hitting foam and/or bag targets without desinegrating. Are some brands more durable than others?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:27 AM

Default RE: Arrow wraps to increase FOC

I had someone make the suggestion to me of putting a wrap on the front end of an arrow to increase weight/FOC, when I had asked for ways to increase weight on the business end of arrows. With that said, I have no idea whether wraps would hold up to targets without disinegrating or not?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would a 9 grain wrap make that much difference?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:12 AM

Carbon Express Maximas use wraps at the business end of the arrow to increase FOC. I don't see why it wouldn't work for any other arrow.

Your wraps will wear out after time and you will have to replace. But it is easy to do.

Find a nice long wrap and try it out. The longer the wrap, the more weight on the front of the arrow.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Even a 7" wrap by OneStringer only weighs 7.7 grains; not sure that it's going to make that much difference.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can use brass washers to add a little bit of weight(5gr/each)or if you need more weight up front,they have brass inserts at 50gr and 100gr

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?c=57&s=228&p=0&i=5208X
Old 07-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, the maximas aren't really wrapped, it is part of the arrow itself, not like a stick-on wrap. I think they would get beat up real quick shooting them into targets. Easiest way to get more FOC is a heavier head. If you are using 100 grains, go to 125 and problem solved.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Actually, the maximas aren't really wrapped, it is part of the arrow itself, not like a stick-on wrap. I think they would get beat up real quick shooting them into targets. Easiest way to get more FOC is a heavier head. If you are using 100 grains, go to 125 and problem solved.
My thoughts exactly. Why not just use heavier broaheads or filedpoints?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Easiest way to get more FOC is a heavier head. If you are using 100 grains, go to 125 and problem solved.
Actually, I have 250 grains on the tip and wanted an easy way to get to 260. This isn't solely to get a higher FOC, but also to fine-tune dynamic spine without having to increase draw weight (can't on my stick bow). With gold tips I can add their insert weights. With some arrows, there aren't as many options and I thought a wrap (or two) might be easy. I was just looking for someone who had actually tried it and could give me feedback on the durability. I'll just try some as see what happens.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 PM

You could switch to brass inserts, possibly.

Quick Reply: Arrow wraps to increase FOC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.