Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Limb Driver or Not >

Limb Driver or Not

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limb Driver or Not

Old 06-27-2007, 03:37 PM
bigcountry

Default Limb Driver or Not

Going to be buying a new bowtech guardian soon. (Or commander), And trying to think about the pros and cons of a limb driver dropaway.

Any advantages or disadvantages? Compared to cable driven?

Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limb Driver or Not

The Limb Driver is a really sweet rest, especially for targetr shooting, as it supports the arrow farther than other rest currently available, and without contact issues. With your Guardian, the cord is going to have to be pretty far back toward the cam because of the way the limbs flex with the center pivot design, but I think it could work. Just have to watch out the for the slack so that it doesn't get caught up in the cables, but it shouldn't. On bows where the limbs flex over the whole length, you can scoot that cord up closer to the riser, but that isn't an option on the Guardian/Commander, so it may be a little more difficult to really fine tune it. The guys I shoot with that have the Limb Drivers are all Hoyt shooters, and they work great, but no center pivot to worry about. I'm anxious to hear your report if you decide to go with it.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:23 PM

I think there are lots of people using the LD on the guardians. I have one on my Bowtech Liberty and it's got to be one of the easiest rests to set up. No fletching contact and like yooper said, the rests supports the arrow for a long time during launch. Great rest, I think you'll be happy.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:52 PM

Limb Driver?

Get one!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:18 PM

I put one on my Allegiance abou a month ago. So far I'm impressed!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

I have alimbdriver on my guardian and it works great. my proshop guy put his own arrow holder on the shelf. It holds the arrow much better than the one they give you in the pkg.

There is no clearance issues and the cord is fine. good luck
Old 06-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

I also use a Limbdriver, although it is on a Hoyt (Vectrix) and not a Bow Tech. In any event, I have had outstanding success with the Limbdriver. I really like the fact that the action of the rest is driven by the limb of the bow and not a cable. I have never had any trouble with tuning or contact. Limbdriver or not? LIMBDRIVER!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Limb Driver is really a Great dropaway rest!!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only one I've ever seen was on Matt/PA's Bowtech and I was thoroughly impressed. I seriously consider it.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:05 PM
bigcountry

Thanks for alls input. Guess I will give one a try.

Quick Reply: Limb Driver or Not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.