Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

07 Allegiance

Old 06-07-2007, 06:28 AM

Default 07 Allegiance

I finally got my string shot in and I'm starting to hear a clicking noise after I get to full draw. Doesn't happen everytime, maybe 1 out of 10 shots. It sounds like its coming from the upper half of the bow but I can't pinpoint it. I've checked every little thing on the bow but can't figure what it is

I did notice that since the string is shot in I have 3 tuning dots showing on the top and 4 showing on the bottom. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Thanks!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 07 Allegiance

I'm just going to through out some stuff to check.

Check your draw stop to make sure it's tight.

Have you checked your mod screws? One may be loose and it's hitting the limb.

Also, check to see if the cam itself could be making contact with the limb. Do you feel like the bow doesn't want to draw smoothly?Have someone watch you draw and watch the cam.

I haven't had more than about a 1/4 of a dot difference between my cams. Are both limbs screwed in the same distance?

Beyond that I'd recommend taking it to the pro shop and having them give it a once over.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:35 PM

yea, everything you mentioned I checked, also tiller measurements are the same. I called the pro shop and they want to look it over and possibly tear the bow down and inspect everything...
Old 06-07-2007, 03:27 PM

chnage your cable slide
Old 06-08-2007, 09:22 AM

changed out cable slide too
Old 06-08-2007, 10:09 AM

is it a click or a tick sound? can you only hear it - or can you slightly feel it in your grip?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gibblet

is it a click or a tick sound? can you only hear it - or can you slightly feel it in your grip?
Good point John! It's amazing how many times we feel something we think we are hearing and vica versa
Old 06-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

What cable slide did you put on?

My Commander was doing the exact same thing when I swapped the slide out, I put a simms slide on thats when the clicking started, almost pulled out what hair I had left trying to find it.

Ended up putting a Hicks slide on no more clicksimms slide trash can with one final clang[8D]
Old 06-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

What cable slide did you put on?

My Commander was doing the exact same thing when I swapped the slide out, I put a simms slide on thats when the clicking started, almost pulled out what hair I had left trying to find it.

Ended up putting a Hicks slide on no more clicksimms slide trash can with one final clang[8D]
I have also used the Saunders Hyper Glide Slides and they seem to work nice
Old 06-09-2007, 08:04 PM

OK, I took the bow to the pro shop Friday afternoon and started drawing the bow in front of the bow tech(no pun intended) until the click sound was heard. He thought it was coming fron the riser somewhere so he wanted me draw draw again until we heard the sound again, 4 full draws later we heard again, he started looking over the bow again and found this: upper limb delambinating 2" from the limb pocket(the inside of the limb facing me when I draw). We counted 12 cracks about 2.5-3" long running parallel with the limb. That explains the sound and that explains the 3 tuning dots on the top cam and 4 on the bottom...

So he's sending the bow back to Bowtech for new limbs. All I can say is thank god I took it to the pro shop! Looks like I'll be back to shooting my Hoyt for awhile.. I thought the Bowtech limb problems were fixed, if they did have problems. Anyway, thats it in a nutshell, I'm already having withdrawals not having my Ally in my hands...Jim

Quick Reply: 07 Allegiance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.