Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Finding your proper draw length >

Finding your proper draw length

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finding your proper draw length

Old 06-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Default RE: Finding your proper draw length

I just hope "the shop" is credible. There are so many archery stores out there and very few that aretruly PRO Shops.

It is not uncommon for someone of your height to be 29" DL. More narrow shoulders on a tall frame will yield this. I'm only 5'10" and I've got a 29 1/2" DL; but, I've got very wide shoulders which contribute to this. The WS method is only a guide because length of fingers and preferred shooting form can add or substract from the formula.

Good luck in your quest and enjoy the sport.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:56 PM

Default RE: Finding your proper draw length

At this point I wouldnt know if it's truely credible but the guy running the place is aweful nice and not trying to sell me stuff just to sell it to me. So far I've found archery to be pretty fun, nice way to spend a couple hours a week to relax and get outside rather than sitting inside at the office all day, then sitting inside staring at the TV all night. Used to head out to do the paintball thing every weekend but all my friends quit going and it wasnt much fun being the stranger in a group of walk ons. This has been a nice challenge, after all the trouble I've gone through to shoot well at 10 - 20 yards I find it very impressive some guys hitting targets at 70 or 80 yards! Those guys look like they're part rock shooting so stable and machine like, amazing