Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS

Old 05-24-2007, 02:13 PM

Default RE: STS

I have mine setupslightly touchingthe string. It is by far the best piece of equipment on my bow.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the sts is a great product--could probably be made for less money though.jmho.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was the skeptic that wrote the post talking about the STS. The STS is worth trying for yourself to see if it makes a difference. I didn't think my Allegiance vibrated that much or was that noisy until I put on an STS and shot.

WOW!!!

When I removed it the difference was noticable. My rig now is quiter thanothers at a much lower draw weightI've heard at the range. I removed my string silencers and added the serving.

Mine is just off the string. You have to play with it to get what's right for you.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Troy, shoot Dan a PM and get one of his Custom String Suppressors... much cleaner look, you can get it custom-dipped to match your camo, and he's a great guy to boot. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=338928

I've got a couple of his suppressors on my bows, and he does a great job with them. I have mine a hair's width off the string.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks you all.. sounds like they work well and it did on my buds diamond...with the sts..

Greg..thanks.. will do
Old 05-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

I love mine, it shrunk my croups and made my bow quieter.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:23 PM

I 2 have a Mean V suppressor. Awesome product, great look. I've heard rumblings on the grapevine that "STS" is planning on shutin him down' for copyright infringement' & as soon as their patent goes thru. If your planning on getting 1, hurry up before the door gets closed. Definitely has made my bow quieter.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:37 AM

I may have to try one of these things.Where might i buy one?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard rumblings on the grapevine that "STS" is planning on shutin him down' for copyright infringement' & as soon as their patent goes thru.
STS has been floating these rumors for some time now, and in my personal opinion, it's just sour grapes that Dan came out with a superior-looking product in the eyes of many at a very reasonable price. Everything I've heard is that they don't have any room to shut him or anyone else down in the marketplace; their patent is way too vague and generic. I would be inclined to believe that, or else they'd also be able to shut down Hoyt and Ross for their stock suppressors on some of their offerings.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

IfI understand patent rules correctly as they were explained to me by a friend of mine.

If a company has a patent on a product a person can buy or copy that patent after a certain number of years. However, if it's patent pending then you can't copy the design.

So, never fully patent a product and you will not have to worry about someone copying it or improving on the design. Always leave it patent pending like you are still in the developmental stage. Check out the products that no one else has copied and you'll find that they are all patent pending.

Bottom line is that if the STS is patented someone can copy the design and there is no legal recourse. If they've never patented it then they are SOL. Again, that's how it was explained to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.