Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 next; what kind of broadheads ? >

next; what kind of broadheads ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

next; what kind of broadheads ?

Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default next; what kind of broadheads ?

you might have seen this comming;
I have my axxis 400 spine arrows arriving, I know what kind of vanes I have to glue on when shootinga whisker biscuit and a release.
SOOOOO, what do you think I should screw on as broadheads when I'm going for wild boar ( it will be Africa or Russia I guess )
so far, I thought, muzzy's 100gr.....

F.

PS, am, I the only european on here ?
Old 05-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: next; what kind of broadheads ?

Possibly.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd use fixed blade preferablyMuzzy 100 or 125 grain 3 blade...muzzy is cheap, strong,and very effective....if you look around you can find some online in a six pack for about 30-35$ american....

.i have a buddy that was offered to go to Europe to Play Pro Basketball.....but he didnt because he found out that they dont allow hunting in alot of places....i would like to know why Hunting laws are Messed up in Europe?????
Old 05-20-2007, 01:57 PM

The G5 Montec would be my first choice. COC. Great penetration. Tough as nails. But you need to be able to sharpen them. And they are made of a tough steel - durable, but challenging to sharpen. Use the DTI diamond stones. They come in course, medium, fine, and extra fine. Get the set of four. Good luck. Roskoe
Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many top quality choices available, honestly the market has never looked more impressive. As you mentioned the Muzzy is a great b-head.Another to consider would be the Slick Trick, with it's solid steel ferrule it would be tough to beat if you're interested in a replaceble blade compact b-head. For a reshapenable head, look at the new NAP Hellrazor... scary sharp and built to take some serious big game abuse! Good luck on your boar hunts!
Old 05-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Hellrazor/montec (basically the same thing by different manufacturers) is a very good three-blade.
Magnus and Steelforce make some good two-blades.
Magnus has an incredible reputation on archerytalk (as do the slicktricks), and Steelforce has come out with the "Phathead". Exactly the why I think a broadhead should be made...except it's only a 1" cut.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

about european hunting, I could say we're more civilized, but that's not why you can't hunt with bows around here.
The main reason is that the hunters here are of an old dying breed, men with money and nothing to do around here.
we have around 10 million Belgians and about 15000 hunters, most of them retired. and to make it worse, Belgium is about 11000 square miles.
So hunting opportunity is well, bad....
in my opinion, hunting all together as a sport will be over in about 10 years in our little country.
But I want to know how to hunt,kill, dress and butcher my own meat.

Like I wrote in one of my posts, the reason I took up my bow, is that I spent time hunting with those old men and their expensive guns and found it so disrespectful towards animals. I mean the main bird they kill around here are pheasants and they are bred and fed and then released, needless to say it doesn't move a lot and even then they shoot it with shotguns...

So, it isn't a question of being civilized at all, what I've been reading here tells me different. ( I didn't say that americans weren't civilized !!! )
I't a mather of opinion and politics as it is in most parts of the world....

F.
I think I'll stick with the muzzy's ( I already killed a few arrows tuning my bow, so.....something furable )

Old 05-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

something Durable
Old 05-20-2007, 05:06 PM

slick tricks
Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 PM

Slick Tricks or Sliver Flames.

Quick Reply: next; what kind of broadheads ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.