Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Me Again!

Old 05-15-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Me Again!

Well i finnaly got out shooting my bow today and heres the problem im having.
the arrows are not shooting straight there coming out of the bow and curving to the left and the further distance i shoot from the more left they are going any help would be greatly apprecited. Thank You
Old 05-15-2007, 03:50 PM

Default RE: Me Again!

Gonna have to tune the bow. Make sure you are set in centershot..
Old 05-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I screwed up on my first post. Sorry.

When you say as you step back you mean that you are still using the 20 yd pin but moving back to 25,30,35 etc?

If so, sounds like you need to move your rest right.

Have you tried centering the rest with the riser and cams/wheels? Easton has a good guide on how to do this and it helps for a starting point. Start there and then adjust as needed.

Move in the oppositedirection of your miss with your rest. Move the restright and it will make your arrow move to the right. Adjust a very small amount (1/32") and shoot again using step back method that it seems you are using now.

Chase the miss with your sight. move in the opposite direction for tuning your rest.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:54 PM

Move the rest to the right in small increments until the arrows fly straight or, if it's at center, stop torquing the bow...
Old 05-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Get youself a bow square. I bought one and it was the best thing I have ever done!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Become the arrow!Sounds like rest does need moving a bit.It wasn't really windy out was it?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:28 AM

Whenever someone asks a question this basic, I can guess they are not a very experienced archer. It would be best to visit a good archery shop and check out several things. First, the bow needs to be tuned, then you have to make sure the arrow is proper for the setup. Your arrow spine may be off, or some other factor that affects the flight. Then, you should have an experienced person look at your form and release.

Work on those 3 areas and you should see vast, quick improvement.