Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 STS sceptic and critic has change of heart >

STS sceptic and critic has change of heart

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS sceptic and critic has change of heart

Old 05-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default STS sceptic and critic has change of heart

A few months ago I had criticized the STS/MeanV/HoytSTS based on shooring a Hoyt. Well, I've had ma major change of heart.

Today MDBUCKHUNTER & I went to Autumn Sky Outfitters in Maryland for a road trip and to check things out. He has a STS on his Matthews and offered to let me try it. Well, as all of you that have one know. What a huge difference that thing makes. Not only with vibration but also with noise. The bow barely vibratesnowand the string and rest noise has been reduced a great deal. I also decided to remove my string silencers and see what that did. The sound that was left went from a higher pitched noise to a womp sort of noise.

I'll openly admit that I was totally wrong about this product and would recommend it to anyone.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:12 PM

Default RE: STS sceptic and critic has change of heart

Who knew the STS could provide so much benefit.

It has been a year since I shot a bow without an STS and believe me, it will be a long time before I shoot another bow without one.

Glad you like it and glad I could help out.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

A must have, in my opinion. The only folks who don't think so have obviously never shot one!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

A must have, in my opinion. The only folks who don't think so have obviously never shot one!
Ya Think...LOL
Old 05-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah,

but when your rig is shooting ten times better than your old one and you just spent a lot of money, it is hard to spend that extra $40. I'm putting it on the Christmas list.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very true. That's were a bad influence comes in. You can always blame it on your friend or fellow shooter who has one already.

Isn't that the standard rule since birth for men. If a freind or neighbor boy has one you have to have one too.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

You would be wrong on that assumption.

Paul
Old 05-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tryed one , it made my bow louder , off it came ,
Old 05-18-2007, 08:01 PM

Did ya'll know a version of those were out in the.........LATE 80's or early 90's? Remember the company Pro Line? They introduced those, well, it wasn't called that of course but it was the same basic thing, and for some reason there wasn't a good reception. Then STS came out, what......3 years ago maybe, and all of a sudden similar are coming stock on bows......

They are indeed an EXCELLENT product.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:08 PM

I'm going to slightly hi-jack the thread by asking a question:

I'm looking at a new bow. DAAANNGG the prices have gone up since I last shopped around (1999-2000) so now I'm looking at "last-years" models and used. The older hoyt's (last few years) risers are already drilled for an STS/MeanV, correct? If so it might make me look a little harder at the hoyt line-up...cause honestly I'm pretty nuetral when it comes to brands.

Quick Reply: STS sceptic and critic has change of heart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.