Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mythbusters Ninja Arrow catch >

Mythbusters Ninja Arrow catch

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mythbusters Ninja Arrow catch

Old 05-02-2007, 09:05 AM

Default RE: Mythbusters Ninja Arrow catch

I thought they hand starting to close before the arrow was fired, from what i saw the hand was moving before the arrow tip got to it. that means no matter how far away it is it can't close fast enough.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't watch mythbusters cause it seems like they always have too many gaps in thier "science".

I think there was an episode of Chris Angel where he swatted or caught an arrow. It was back a distance though I'm not sure exactly how far.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Ya I watched it, and there are a few people out there who can catch an arrow in there hands like that, seen it when I was little and I was impressed!!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:14 PM

Not a very fair test. Ninja's didn't catch them at 6 feet and the bows of that time were not nearly that fast.

I have seen people catch arrows, break them in the air and deflect them with a kick before. So I know for a fact it can be done. But not at close ranges with a modern compound bow. This was with a long bow and at like 10 or 15 yards away. Which is more along the lines of what a ninja would be doing, if not farther.

Mythbusters is a cool show, but I sometimes question some of the things they do. They are not really scientists so many of their experiments are flawed.

Paul
Old 05-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I mainly watch the show to see how they mess stuff up. Usually their tests involving weapons are flawed. They are special effects gurus that have run out of FX stuff to do.

Very Fast reaction time to grasp something is around 100ms. Therefore, a person would need about 26.5 ft (Just shy of 9 yds) to even have a chance at catching the arrow. More than likely though is that you would probably need double that or even triple to have a chance.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Randini

I remember that TFOX, the guy would catch the arrow and do a 360 degree spin, He wasn't no spring chicken either. I see you are on the shooting staff too, did they send you a hat this year. All I got was the shirt, last year we got both.

I didn't get a shirt last year but I did get a hat and the year beforeI got both.This year I haven't gotten a bow and really don't know if the shop owner has a hat for me or not.I have 2 so I am not worried about it.Especially since I am not competing anymore and have no intentions of buying a new bow.So I may not really be considered staff anymore.[:-]
Old 05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Ninja with a compound bow! Give me a break. Try slow long bow.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 PM

I watch mythbusters often and I like Adam and Jamie, I think they proform the experiments well. But theother guys I'm not impressed with thier scientific process. The archery "myths" they do, I belive they are not qualified in the science of archery. They need to hire experts (like they did with the follow up on the Robin Hood experiment). They often have experts from theSan Fran police dept. when they do gun myths.

I also beliveit is very possible to robin hood an arrow from nock to tip.
You may need a 90 pound bow and stiff arrows but science is never "busted" it allways leaves room for more tests and more possiblities.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

I catch them w/ my teeth at 5 yds no trouble at all. Jamie and Adam are alright but i prefer the gal can't recall her name right know but she seems intelligent and sexy what a deadly combination
Old 05-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keri is her name. The redhead.

Quick Reply: Mythbusters Ninja Arrow catch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.