HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Speaking of physics - STS thought (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/188632-speaking-physics-sts-thought.html)

glockman55 04-23-2007 05:26 PM

RE: Speaking of physics - STS thought

I've got one on my Legacy and like how it feels and shoots,( and I'm not saying that because I have a bunch of $$ into it, I made my own)Look at a slo-mo video with out an sts on it, the string just about slaps the riser. Unless you've tried one your missing out, Make up your own mind,they are not for everyone.

Len in Maryland 04-23-2007 07:48 PM

HuntingBrymade a good post about the variety of applications and the varying results. I have never said it didnt' work. It does reduce vibration in most applications and prevents string slap to those who are usually over-bowed.

The problem I find with many products is that everyone wants to tell you how great theyperform with their bow, but fail to understand, or don't want to understand or hear negatives. Oh well, I've been accused of being negative before.;) My customers don't like some of the things I tell them, but they know that my evaluations are complete and that I can produce the data/examples to their satisfaction.

Now here is a new trick. I've been playing with string enhancements for about a week now and I think I've discovered some neat ways to cut down on string noise andbow vibration. And it won't cost you very much at all. I plan on introducing it to my Seminar attendees and let them play with the idea a while so that it can be tested extensively. I can tell you that testing on a Guardian has been very interesting. We'll use the Guardianand maybe some of the attendee bows to test my ideas.:)

dandbuck 04-24-2007 11:28 AM

Len
First of all, thanks for returning to the Forums!
Now, i was thinking, you have me "on the edge of my seat" with regards to your recent tuning comments. Anyway you can get some video footage of your seminar and produce a DVD for those of us too far away to attend? I'm sure there are more than a few of us who would be interested in that right guys?
Dandbuck

HuntingBry 04-24-2007 02:04 PM

We'll use the Guardianand maybe some of the attendee bows to test my ideas.:)
Wow, if you've found a way to significantly reduce noise on the Guardian that is something. I can't wait to hear what this idea is. Unfortunately, I can't attend the seminar, or I'd know sooner and get to test it myself.[:@]

Len in Maryland 04-24-2007 06:41 PM

The noise and vibration came from the loss of a string leach andfromsome add-on devices. It's funny how you begin to call something noisey that you would have NEVER heard on other bow designs.;)

It's not a totally proven concept yet. It looks very promising, but like anything else, extensive testing is required.

Howler 04-25-2007 05:29 PM

Now here is a new trick.
Well, cough it up. Inquireing minds are waiting. I, for another, won't be able to attend your Seminar, so please let us in on the new trick!

passthru79 04-25-2007 06:13 PM

My Cardiac came with one from the factory and that is the first bow Ive shot with one on it. I dont know if its the bow or the suppressor, or a combination of the two. All I can say is as a whole Im very impressed.

glockman55 04-28-2007 09:39 AM

I read some comments on, I don't think I'll try that new fangled thing on my bow..LOL remember when we all said the same thing about the compound bow, or the mechanical release, or even those junk carbon arrows. To each his own.

PABuck_HNTR 04-28-2007 02:48 PM

I like what they've done to both bows I've tried them on. But like said before to each his own.