Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Any one ever get a bow back from the shop that shoots way to well? >

Any one ever get a bow back from the shop that shoots way to well?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any one ever get a bow back from the shop that shoots way to well?

Old 04-14-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Any one ever get a bow back from the shop that shoots way to well?

I have a 01 Martin Phantom that had factory string and a cobra sidewinder sight. My sight was moved almost all the way up and the pin was pretty high up in the sight. I took my bow and got new srings and a meta knock took all the dampners off. I shoot my bow and it was shooting a foot high. So I took my sight all the way up to the top and the pin as far up as it would go(this is all 20 yards by the way) and it is still shooting high by 6 inches. Anyone have any suggestions to solve this problem or should i get a new sight. I hav a feeling that this is going to be a problem with all the sights on the market now though.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any one ever get a bow back from the shop that shoots way to well?

If the bow is properly tuned, t's not likely to be a problem with the bow or the sight. This is a common problem for people who use a low anchor, usually under the jaw. I suggest raising your anchor up, which will move the arrow closer to your eye and allow you to drop your sight down.

For a good, repeatable anchor with a mechanical release, Ilike to bury the big knuckle at the base of my index finger into the pocket behind my jaw, touching the ear lobe.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:26 AM

If you're real comfortable with your low anchor and don't want to change, then you'll need a bow with a much larger sight window. You'll probably only find this on a bow with a longer ATA or at least a much longer riser.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up my new bow lastweek and was shocked when I went to the range. I even stopped and picked up a new allen wrench set figuring that I would have some adjustments to make. I got to the range and set a target at 10 yards. My first arrow was dead center. My second & third arrows broke my first one. I then aimed at a 3" sticker on a 3D target 35 yards away and put it dead center in the sticker. I was amazed at the way it was set up. I figured close but not like that.