Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

G5 meta peep

Old 04-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default G5 meta peep

Ok, so today I'm taking all my accessories off of my Ally to take it to the shop tomorrow for repairs and look at my Metapeep after I take it off. The darn thing is oblong in shape and I can see a crack on one side where the notches are for the string.

Anyone else with this problem?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: G5 meta peep

I havent had any problems with mine and Ive been shooting them since they came out. Id deffinetly give G5 a call or email them.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:15 PM

I heard the same thing from a local shop owner a week ago. I called to another shop to confirm and they too have been having problems with the Meta Peep.

Lateral string pressure is what does the damage.

The G5 won't be going on my string. I don't care how cool the color is.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats strange. Im guessing they must have just had a bad batch made. I havent heard anything going wrong with them as of yet. Both me and a friend shoot them through 70lbs bows and havent had problems.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 PM

My proshop told me they have seen the same thing numerous times this year already..........exactly how you described it.

I have a 1/8" Meta in one of my bows.........we will see I guess.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:35 PM

I called my uncle in Wisconsin and he says that his local pro shop has seen the same problems.

Very interesting...
Old 04-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the confirmation. I have the 1/4". I wonder if the larger size in combination with the stress that is put on the aluminum is causing it. Another part of it may be that even though the parallel limbs help reduce vibration and stress in the horizontal directionon the bow I would think that the vertical pressure is increased dramatically and that would try to squeeze the seperated strings together. I'm definitely getting in touch with them M5. I've only had it on about a month and shot6 or7 times.

Besides the color I liked how slim the peep was.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Spike

I have had a 1/4" G5 on since late last summer and still in perfect shape. Have it on a Mcpherson Edge set at 60#.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

G5 knows of the problem and has fixed it supposedly. I had the demo models from the trade show and all 3 turned to eggs. My proshop wizard shipped them back and got me the new and improved models.

They said it was bad material but I think when companys start to mass produce the quality turns to crap and they just get as much from that product and then move on.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigzombee69

G5 knows of the problem and has fixed it supposedly. I had the demo models from the trade show and all 3 turned to eggs. My proshop wizard shipped them back and got me the new and improved models.

They said it was bad material but I think when companys start to mass produce the quality turns to crap and they just get as much from that product and then move on.
How can you tell which ones are new stock or old in the store? I'm probably just going back to aluminum. There is only a 2.5 gr diff between the meta and another one I'm looking at. And,I can buy 4 of the others for the price of the meta.

Quick Reply: G5 meta peep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.