Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Black Ice problem >

Black Ice problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Black Ice problem

Old 04-11-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Black Ice problem

I bought a Black Ice by Bow tech, I have had the bow three weeks. After about 30 to 35 arrows through, the bow has developed a string buzz. I work part time in the archery dept for Cabelas, andhave 30 years of archery under my belt. We have worked on the bow several times, and still have not been able to fix the issue. Bow tech has been called, and as of today I still have not got word back from them as to whether they are going to take it back for an exchange. Last night I shot two other employees black ice bows side by side against mine, and the string buzz is very obvious. An sts would probably take care of it, but being a new bow I feel I shouldn't have to do this. Has any one else out there had this problem yet with there new Black Ice bow? I will let you know what Bow tech decides to do.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:00 AM

Default RE: Black Ice problem

If the string has stretched or cable, the cam could be out of optimal rotation. Check the other bows to see where their cams are as compared to your's. BowTech might have a measurement to go by on the cam/limb orientation if you call the tech department again.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check your "speed nocks" and the shrink tubing over them. If they aren't crimped tight and there is any play in the tubing they will buzz like an angry bee.

Same thing with your factory silencers, if one is overly loose believe it or not it can buzz. They should be completely snug on the string.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check to see if the cam and/ or idler wheel are making contact with the limbs. That's what caused my Allyto buzz.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:29 AM

Yes,, check the module screws also..
Old 04-11-2007, 11:29 AM

Module srews are tight, it did appear that the string may have stretched, so I will check rotation,I actually have thetech book with these measurements listed in,the silencers are tight, will check the speed nocks.The Bow tech at there customer service center was stumped, as this bow has been performing very good for them.They did giveme a return number to take the bow back and service it, or to replace the bow. I will run through it one more time to check the items you have listed, before it gets shipped back. thanks for the tips. Will let you know the out come. Besides the buzz, I love the the Bow, and look forward to hunting with it for years to come.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:32 PM

I have a black ice also and the first 10-20 shotsI noticed it too. I went over my bow as you are doing and didnt find an answer and thought that maybe it was just me that was hearing it.I lowered the draw weight(came from the factory set at #71) to my desired weight and the buzz went away. I would see if that helps you out at all. I then put a meanV on it and nowI hear almost no sound at all.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:43 PM

My black ice did have a very slight string buzz. This was even after I changed to Vapor Trail strings. I replaced the speed nock,shrink tubing and the factorystring jax.I repeat, that the buzz wasVERY slight.
I notice everything about a new bow trying to get used to it's personality.

I also put a MEANV suppressor on it and the buzz is gone and it added 5fps to the speed.I can barely tellI have released a shot.
Check the draw stop for tightness,and the limb bolt set screws,then take ALL your accessories off except the rest and shoot it.
Do you use a peep w/ tubing?
Is your cam timed properly within the tuning marks?

Keep us posted ,I curious to know the outcome. Your's is the first Black Ice to have any issues.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:26 AM

my Black ice also came set at about 71 lbs, I lowered it, but that did not make a difference,everything appears to be tight, the first thing that I did after I heard it was to remove the accessories, all but the rest (whisker bisquit) peep is not the tube type, still have to check timing. There have been two other customers at Cabelas that have come back in and mentioned having similar problems,(only one has come back to the store that I know of so far, besides mine) I even added in some string leachs, and some twists to the stringto see if that would help, but nope.The customer service dept told me all there string are pre stretched, but it does look like it may have went some more.I will work on it again Friday, still a few things to try, thanks to the advice found here, before it goes back to BowTech.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll repeat this again. check the clearance between the idler and limb and cam and limb. Pretty much everyone with Bowtech's that have said about vibration noise have found this to be the problem.

Quick Reply: Black Ice problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.