Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 refletch single blazer >

refletch single blazer

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

refletch single blazer

Old 03-31-2007, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default refletch single blazer

I have a bitz jig and have a heck of a time refletching just one blazer vane when they get shot off. does anyone have a good technique to make fletching one vane replacement any easier. I have just about quit trying and refletching all 3 vanes to make it easier. thanksl
Old 03-31-2007, 09:13 PM

Default RE: refletch single blazer

If you are fletching your arrows from the beginning, they should simply fall into place....That is, unless you are having to turn your nocks for tuning issues....

After you clean off the glue from the one you are replacing, you should still be able to see where it was.....Just take your time and make sure the clamp is lined up in the same place before you glue it by turning the nock.....It takes a little practice, but it can be done.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: arkansasbowhunter

I have a bitz jig and have a heck of a time refletching just one blazer vane when they get shot off. does anyone have a good technique to make fletching one vane replacement any easier. I have just about quit trying and refletching all 3 vanes to make it easier. thanksl
I have a Bohning jig, so this works for me...I have to turn my nocks, soafter I fletch an arrow I take a fine point Sharpie and draw a line on the nock and the arrow, then turn the nock for my shooting set-up. When I have to replace a fletch I re-align the mark on the nock and the arrow and make the repair.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I find it easier to just reflech all the vanes. That way you are sure that they are perfect.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:59 AM

Tried it at least a hundred times got it right maybe 4 times,you're better off refletching the arrow because they might look like they are ok but they might fly different than the first time they were fletched,I speak from experience.Drizzu213
Old 04-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: arkansasbowhunter

I have this same exact problem. I have about 35 arrows with just one vane sliced so that's why I bought a Bitz. It works GREAT when I do all three vanes, so I guess I'll strip them alldown. It is fun to work with.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

I find it easier to just reflech all the vanes. That way you are sure that they are perfect.

DITTO
Old 04-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Take you nock out get and old one sand it dow so it baly fits in the arrow so lose that you can turn it with no effort. Now put the arrow in the jig witht eh clap in the proper posithinc ass if you and an arrow that was being held while the glue was drying. now be carful and open the clamp all the way and turn the arrow untill one of the other fletchings rests flush against the bottom of the clamp, and your arrow is realigned with the jig. Just make sure the dial at the bottom of the jig doesn;t turn when your turning the nock in the arrow.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

man thanks for the replies. I have tried the marker trick but still couldn't get them lined out right. some fly good some don't. still seeking a resolution. I thought that maybe the bohning tower fletch might be the answer since you can place 3 fletches at the same time with it. you could line up the 2 and then replace the 3rd.