Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 best sight for night or low light cond.... >

best sight for night or low light cond....

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

best sight for night or low light cond....

Old 03-26-2007, 05:54 PM

Default best sight for night or low light cond....

i currently have a cobra sidewinder sight but i notice on video that it makes alot of noise...and when i pLAN TO HUNT HOGS ON FULL MOONS I WANT A SIGHT THAT WILL HAVE BRIGHT PINS AND I WILL ALSO LIKE THAT BRIGHT THING THATS SHOWS THE SIGHT AND A LOWLIGHT PEEPSIGHT DO ANY OF YALL HAVE RECCOMENDATIONS?I WAS THINKIN OF TRUGLO EXTREME OR SUMTHING LIKE THAT..IT WILL BE NICE IF IT HAD A MICRO ADJUST ALSO.....AND WITHIN A GOOD PRICE RANGE..CUSTOMER SERVICE ALSO
Old 03-26-2007, 05:58 PM

Default RE: best sight for night or low light cond....

G5 makes one w/ an enclosed light.....Unreal, just like you flipped on a light switch....Hm, maybe that's because you did....[&:]
Old 03-26-2007, 06:03 PM

Electronics on bows and arrows are illegal in Washington, so I chose a sight that is naturally bright.

Montana Black Gold Flashpoint.

The only light in the picture is coming from the television.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Truglow Tru Site Xtreme Pro Series would be a great sight for what you are looking for.Very bright pins with tooless adjustments for sighting in.Also with markings for elevation and windage for only $55.00 through Lancasters. www.lancasterarchery.com The pins are .029 and that is about right for hunting.

I prefer that my pins NOT be that bright because of the halo the bright pins create but in an actuall hunting situation it isn't a problem.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/default.php?cPath=39_91_179&osCsid=706ad2f4635 ca6e3305a81aa34da130e

Old 03-26-2007, 06:21 PM

OH ALRIGHT THANKS GUYS OVER HERE IN TEXAS WE DONT REALLY HAVE ANY LAWS......BUT THAT TRUGLO IS WHAT I HAD IN MIND BECAUSE SOME NIGHTS I WOULD LIKE TO SETUP MY GROUND BLIND AND SEE I IF I CAN GET ME A FULL MOON HOG WITHOUT SHINING A LIGHT AND MAYBE SCAERING THEM AND TRUGLO SEEMED LIKE IT HAD WHAT I NEEDED I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANY OF YALL KNOW OF A BETTER SIGHT OR A CHEAPER ONE.....BUT FOR 55 BUCKS YOU CANT BEAT IT UNLESS THERE IS A BETTER ONE BUT TFOX WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY LEAVE A HALO .........
Old 03-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Truglow has even cheaper onesthat are very good.

The halo I am referring too is the pin actually looks bigger than it is because the light it gathers and it doesn't give you a defined edge but rather it is kinda blurry around the edges,You will rarely see bright pins on an outdoor target rig for this reason.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yea,check your game laws,all states have laws and most have laws against hunting at night.I would think hog hunting at night would be kinda dangerous but I don't hunt them so I can't say for sure.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:37 PM

NO BEEN DOIN IT FOR YEARS AND ALREADY CHECKED IT OUT LOTS OF PEOPLE HUNT HOGS AT NIGHT YOU COULD EVEN PUT A LIGHT UNDER THE FEEDER AND GET THE HOGS THAT WAY BUT IT IS ONLY FOR HOGS NO DEER OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT UNLESS ITS A COON OR PORCUPINE ...SO DO YOU THINK THAT PIN HALO WILL MAKE THE SSIGHT NO USEFULL OR ARE YOU ONLY TALKIN ABOUT WHEN YOU TURN ON THE LIGHT
Old 03-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kidd, black an gold sights are my pick.

Quick Reply: best sight for night or low light cond....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.