Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 best sight for night or low light cond.... >

best sight for night or low light cond....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

best sight for night or low light cond....

Old 03-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: best sight for night or low light cond....

I chose the Black Gold Flash Point because I could see the pins the better than any other sight from across the counter (at the bow shop). Also, they have a UV suppressor that attenuates UV in bright conditions so the fibers don't absorb too much light energy, thus eliminating the afore mentinoed halo effect. It is a very nice sight. The previous picture in this thread tells almost the whole story!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:23 PM

HOW MUCH IS THAT SIGHT?AND HAVE YOU TRIED IT ALMOST COMPLETE DARK
Old 03-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

A couple of the guys in our club has the Montana Black GOld Flashpoint and absolutely love it. Also just a little over a month ago they were down in Texas hunting hogs with it. Very good sight , not sure what the costs of them is though.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: the kidd

HOW MUCH IS THAT SIGHT?AND HAVE YOU TRIED IT ALMOST COMPLETE DARK
The Flashpoint is the sight I posted a picture of on page one. The only light in the room came from the television.

I picked mine up for $99.99.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 PM

Cosmic Ring hands down.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually didn't care much for the Tru-Glo Brite Site Extremes for low-light, as I don't think the "site-light" is overly good. I just got a Cobra Sidewinder, and it is REALLY bright during daytime, not sure how it will be at low-light, but in the daytime, it is considerably brighter than either of the 2 Tru-Glo's I have.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:35 PM

REALLY WELL I HAVE A SIDE WINDER AND IT ISNT THAT GOOD IN LOWLIGHT AND MINE IS NOISY.....WELL IM STRING TO GO WITH THAT OTHER SIGHT THAT MONTANA BALCK BUT CAN YOU ADD A LIGHT TO IT JUST FOR NIGHT OR WHAT?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 PM

REALLY WELL I HAVE A SIDE WINDER AND IT ISNT THAT GOOD IN LOWLIGHT AND MINE IS NOISY.....WELL IM STRING TO GO WITH THAT OTHER SIGHT THAT MONTANA BALCK BUT CAN YOU ADD A LIGHT TO IT JUST FOR NIGHT OR WHAT?
No.

There is no option for a light with this sight; however, if there is enough light available that you can see your target, I can almost garauntee you that you will be able to see your pins.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:53 PM

YEA I GET YOU WASHINGTON HUNTER BUT MAYBE BY THE TIME I GET MY MONEY AND A JOB THERE WILL PROBLY BE ANOTHER OUT BUT I WOULD NT MIND GOIN TO THE SHOP TO GO TAKE A LOOK AT IT AND TRY IT OUT
Old 03-27-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be quite honest with you, the Sidewinder isn't noisy at all on my bow, not sure why yours is, but the pins are the BRIGHTEST I've seen on the one I got, with at least 2 FEET of Fiber for each pin. I assure you that a Tru-Glo isn't nearly as bright without the light, and I don't really think the light helps much. A TFO Glow-in-the-dark pin works though, but as WA-Hunter said, often times, if you can't see the pins, you can't see the animal either. Don't expect anything to be like Night Vision, because that just ain't gonna happen.

Quick Reply: best sight for night or low light cond....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.