Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Looking for a quiet release for target and hunting use. >

Looking for a quiet release for target and hunting use.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Looking for a quiet release for target and hunting use.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:13 PM

Default RE: Looking for a quiet release for target and hunting use.

You will definitely hear a click with the Carters but like RJ said, it doesn't seem to matter. I've been using a BK 3-D for years and nothing seems to have heard it yet. Since Carter doesn't make the BK 3D anymore I would suggest The Hunter, Ember II, Chocolate-Lite 4 or Target 4 in that order.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heh, I have a like new BK hunter for sale too. Sorry for the shameless plug but if you want it PM me, I will sell for less than 1/2 of what they go for new and can include any thumb barrel you prefer.Link to a pic below........

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ringostar40/?action=view&current=DonsReleases011.jpg

Old 03-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Matt, Has it got the wrist rope or at least holes to thread one through? That's the one thing I dislike about the Ember II; I've got no way of keeping it attached to my wrist while hunting. I guess that's what I get for hunting with a target release...
Old 03-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

A while back I used to use a Tru-Ball King George for Target. It had no travel and could be activiated with the thumb or pinky or both. Even used it hunting with success.But it was a bit loud. I used the Tru Ball Pro-Diamond for hunting which was pretty much the same shape but it did have some travel to it. After using the King for a while the travel on the Pro-Diamond took a bit of getting used to, Now though, I pretty much use split fingers exclusively for my release.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Matt, Has it got the wrist rope or at least holes to thread one through? That's the one thing I dislike about the Ember II; I've got no way of keeping it attached to my wrist while hunting. I guess that's what I get for hunting with a target release...
Click the link above, thats a picture of my actual release. The cocking bar has a hole in it that you could thread a piece of light rope/string through to keep from dropping it.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:09 PM

I shoot the Carter Hunter as well. It does make a click when it's released but like others have said above, the deer don't mind.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:15 PM

Really...How loud is your release. Either way I would suggest Carter.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Click the link above, thats a picture of my actual release. The cocking bar has a hole in it that you could thread a piece of light rope/string through to keep from dropping it.
I was looking for one with this style of lanyard that actually loops through the body of the release, some people removed them and I couldn't tell from the photo. Carter seems to have quit making them. I've made one that loops through the cocking lever of my Target 4 and Ember II but they don't hang as well.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the Carter Chocolate Addiction and it came in today. Spent about 2 hours out shooting this evening and I don't like it. I know it has been said that the "deer don't mind" but this thing is twice as loud as my bow is.

My bow is completely silent to me now because I can't hear it at all over the release. It will be back up for sale very soon.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Scott Mongoose. Its pretty quiet. A lot quieter than my Tru Fire, anyway.

Quick Reply: Looking for a quiet release for target and hunting use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.