Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 HHA sight question for making a TAP >

HHA sight question for making a TAP

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HHA sight question for making a TAP

Old 03-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default HHA sight question for making a TAP

Im making a sight tape with the TAP progrm and I am wondering what the movment is I have it set at 1 to 1 but Im thinking that its not 1 inch to i inch does anyone know the ration of movement or is it straight.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HHA sight question for making a TAP

Does anyone know anything about sitgh tapes. Or even what they are???????????/
Old 03-23-2007, 03:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

usually1 mark is 1 yard on a sight tape
Old 03-23-2007, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used TAP the last several years, and maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have found that I need some trial and error to get it right. What I've done is enter my information into the program and sight my bow in and make marks with a fine pen at 10-50 yards. Then I'll transfer that to a piece of paper that I use as my guide. I will then print out tapes on paper making minor adjustments until it matches my guide and print out the final tape. When I do this I am accurate down to the yard with the tape. Any other way I have tried has had some inconsistency to it.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Wow that is very involved compared to the archery shop that I used to go to to get mine done. They whould take the measurments and boom slap that on my bow and it was perfect.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Were they using TAP or OnTarget2. I've heard that OnTarget2 is right on the money when making tapes. Like I said I could be doing something wrong too, but I can never seem to get it perfect on the first try.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

My problem was the movment of the pin and the pointer on the sight. They move at different scales. I called a local shop that has done taps for me before and they told me what it was after some talking. For the HHA it is 2- 1.25" he told me you have to do the measurments by hand like he did. I Tried it and It was perfect sighted in at 20 yds and them moved it up to 60 with the tape on and perfect. The trick with the TAP program that I have is to get the correct ratio.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I made a pointer for my HHA and run a sight tape under sure-loc. as long as the peep height and radius are set, it doesn't matter what sight you have, it still needs to move the same amount up and down, that way you don't have to figure in the radius on the back and all. It works awesome

Old 03-23-2007, 03:47 PM

Dude, that is bitchin' idea. I'm using that one, thanks.

Paul
Old 03-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paul, the pointer is made from a safety pin. I like to use safety pins on my sure-loc supreme also instead of the sureloc pin as the pointer is alot sharper than the stock pin, also the metal bends easily without breaking.

For those who shoot pins also, the pin template part of the program is useful too. I like to set my gapping with the template then move back to 40 and make adjustments to get 40 to hit right where 40 is at. All of the yardages fall into place after that. The problem with getting your 20 to hit for most people, is that it is hard to tell a 1 yard increment difference at that yardage, but a 1 yard difference Will show up at further distances, that is why I pick 40 for setting my pin to the actual number.

Quick Reply: HHA sight question for making a TAP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.