Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 what do i need to do >

what do i need to do

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what do i need to do

Old 03-19-2007, 03:28 PM

Default what do i need to do

ok ay 20 yds my shots are ok at 30 yds you cant say ok and at 40 yds theyre going 4 inches right....what is wrong and do i need to do for my setup...and also i was looking at my bow today and noticed that the pins arent even aligned with the string ,arrow....if i allign my pins to the arrow and string they[arrow]shoot left....im confused can someone help me on what to do...i was thinkin that maybe i might have to move my rest to the left and then reallign my pins..but i dont know i am lost
Old 03-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do i need to do

My pins are never aligned with my string or arrow, could be hand torque, form lots of things. As long as your getting good arrow flight it shouldnt matter. IfI were you I would try dialing in at 40 yards and then shooting at 20. Ive noticed sometimes if Im a little left or right at 20 it really shows up at 40 yards. If thats not it you could need to adjust your form. Any flaw in your form will really show up at longer distances.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:58 PM

I am having the same problem as you.

My plans are to start over. Center tune the rest, then shoot through paper and see what is happening.

Good Luck!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

kidd

I said it before andI will say it again.Your centershot seems to be off,the pictures you posted and all the following info you have given are leading me to believe it more and more.

Sure,there are many other things from contact,spine and torque that will make the problem worse.

I know you said you weren't able to comprehend the linkI posted last time but I will give it to you again and maybe if you are wanting to learn how to tune,you might want to give some of these items a try.

What do you have to lose?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2020182

Old 03-19-2007, 08:45 PM

yea i know tfox ill read your thingy ma gig but for sure i have to see the bow shop this weekend
Old 03-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

What are you needing the shop to do? The centershot is a simple fix(usually).You just move your rest in or out.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:01 PM

Yep, I think TFOX is on to it. Reset your center shot. Then go to one of the many tuning methods (paper - a good starting point, walk back - probably best for your application, broadhead - my personal favorite...)
Old 03-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Yep, I think TFOX is on to it. Reset your center shot. Then go to one of the many tuning methods (paper - a good starting point, walk back - probably best for your application, broadhead - my personal favorite...)

My link addresses bare shaft,paper,walk back,broadhead and group tuning.

No long explanations for each so if you need more detailed instructions just ask,there are MANY that are willing to help.

The easton tuning guide is a must read for someone starting out.It is filled with knowledge.Some of it more usefull than other.

www.eastonarchery.com

http://www.eastonarchery.com/downloads.asp

Old 03-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Absolutely ! Reset your centershot , BUT FIRST if your using a shoot through prong style rest ,double check your knock alignment ,if one or 2 of your knock's is out just a bit it may be as simple as straightening your knock's, and that's a real easy fix, don't ever glue in your knock's if they're loose ,just buy new one's .

nubo
Old 03-19-2007, 09:43 PM

yea i read eastons archery its just that i think im makin it more complicated than what it really is.....no cus dont i need to make sure it is allighned rite like with a lazer sight deal and a leveling kit what do you mean in or out

nubo im using a wb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.