Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ? on fletching with Quick spin vanes >

? on fletching with Quick spin vanes

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? on fletching with Quick spin vanes

Old 03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default ? on fletching with Quick spin vanes

Ok all youQuickSpinusers, time for you to impart your knowledge on me. I build and refletch arrows for me and all my hunting buddies. None of us have ever usedQuick Spinvanes, until now. One of my buddies bought a pack and wants me to fletch up a half doz. for him to try. I have never done any yet. I do know that they need to be done straight or very slight right offset. But I need to know something else. As far as where they are placed on the shaft, do you put the back end of thevane the same distance away from the nock as normal vanes or do they go farther down on the shaft? I didn't know where they sit on the shaft but I know someone here will. I would sure appreciate some help. Thanks alot.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:13 PM

Default RE: ? on fletching with Blazer vanes

I've used blazer's exclusively for 2 years now and love them.
First, I don't know who told you to straight fletch them but they're dead wrong if you'll use them for bh's.. These are a control vane for broadheads. An offset of 4-6 degrees or a similar helical is required. To give you an example ...the top (Nock end)outside edge of the vane should bisect the bottom(front) inside edge when looking down the shaft from the nock end. This is Right Helical.
I have experimented w/ several different angles of helical and this seems to steer the best and the vanes make the best contact w/ the shaft when set.
One more hint. You'll need a mono fletcher of some brand. A E-Z Fletch won't work because it gives no helical or offset because the Blazersare short.
As far as the distance from the nock, I would say the normal is fine.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:20 PM

Maybe this will help.

Sorry about the Blur!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Archer 58, thanks for the reply, but I was needing to know about Quick Spins, not Blazers. The first time I posted it I wrote Blazers ( I had just read a post about Blazers so it was on my mind) instead of Quick Spins. I went back and edited it to Quick spins. Thanks alot for the help anyhow. I guess that if I ever do some Blazers, I will know about those to and won't have to ask. I myself use AAE Elites as do a few of my duddies, a few others use Duravanes and Blazersand one buddy uses Vanetecs ( which by the way I am very impressed with).. I use a Zero Effect so Iput ahard right helical on mine. Some of my buddies usehelicals and some use offsets, so I pretty much fletch alot of different types and styles. but I just have never done any Quick spins yet
Old 03-09-2007, 07:50 PM

I don't know how I did that. I must be over tired. I'm going to bed.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Proff

The first time I posted it I wrote Blazers ( I had just read a post about Blazers so it was on my mind) instead of Quick Spins. I went back and edited it to Quick spins. Thanks alot for the help anyhow. I guess that if I ever do some Blazers, I will know about those to and won't have to ask.Thanks alot for the reply.
And I thought it was me. Put it back the way it was so someone thinks I know what I'm talking about.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Nope, me to buddy!! It has been a lond day!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Oh man, see what I mean? I meant to say that it has been a LONG day!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive always done mine the same as regular fletches. I would recomend a fair amount of right offset about an 1/8'' or a tad more, I had good luck with that. I even tried helical with them, they shot awsome but went with the offset to get more down range speed.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

I just made them up yesterday. I just did them like regular, and did them right offset. I took them to work to him today and he was gonna try them out tonight. He is trying the 2" ones and man do they look funny on there. They look like toy arrows to me.Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: ? on fletching with Quick spin vanes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.