Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Element question >

Element question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Element question

Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Element question

Fist off, hello to you all, I have been visiting this forum for a few weeks now and have enjoyed it so much I had to join. Appears as though this is a very knowledgable group and I am glad to be a part of it!

Now my issue, I bought an Element a couple of weeks ago, Love it! But, after set up I feel like the draw length is a bit to long. I say this because I am slightly hitting my forearm at times and I have has the string jump forward at full draw on occasions. Besides that it just plain feel too long, cant get comfortable at my usual acnhor point. Now, I dont have a good shop near where I live and I bought the bow at Dick's. I did all the set up, I took the bow back to Dick's tonight and had a very strange conversation with the kid working there. I have seen him before and seemed knowledable but, when I told him I needed the draw length adjusted he looked at the bow and told me it could not be adjusted? (at 29" I need it at 28") I told him the specs I read on the bow where that is was in fact adjustable from 26"-31". He looked at me funny He went tot he back, I went with him! He looked around for the manual (didnt get one with the bow) He finally agreed that with a module it could be adjusted but, he didnt have any? Here is my question there are modules that start at H1 and go to H5, I thought that you had an inch of adjustment with any particular module? IE: I though the H3 could be a 29" or a 28"? Is this correct or do I need the H4 module to get to 28"? The kid said he was going to call and see if he could get one, his comment was we sold you the bow, we should give you the module! I would hope. I jst wanted to ask the question about any adjustment I may have with the H3 module I have.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2007, 12:00 PM

Default RE: Element question

I have one, and theyare adjustable - to a degree. On the draw length, are you pulling to where the bowstring is touching the tip of your nose at full draw?
Old 03-09-2007, 06:20 PM

No, I am past my nose by a bit. I am between 1/2" and an 1" to long, I really need to be around 28" - 28 1/2 " and I am at 29". Bear says the module I need is the RSH4. Is there an adjustmen screw on the cam that will get you a 1/2" or so? If so do you have to use a press for adjustment? My buckmaster had this type of draw stop that gave you a lttle room.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:08 PM

The archery shop did the adjustment on mine - but I understand it one of those fairly easy tweaks. Is your bow the 50/60?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:13 PM

I have the 60-70 model, tag on it says 70 but, I shoot at 60
Old 03-09-2007, 07:21 PM

That bow is supposed to be adjustable down to 28". And I have found the Fred Bear Element to be one of those bows where the let off occurrs kinda late in the draw length - it has a solid back wall, but if you creep forward just a little, it takes off on you. Proper draw length adjustment is critical. Once you get this worked out, though, I think you find this little bow to be one of the best bargains in the archery world. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:33 PM

oh there is no doubt about it, I love the bow!!!!! You are right very solid and late to break, gotta have the draw down where I need it. You say adjustable to 28" you do mean with the module right, no way to get it to 28" with the RSH3 on there is there?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:46 PM

I am not real up on the module numbers - but if you have the 29"/30" module, then you may have to swap them out. I though they made a 28"/29" module - and that was supposed to come on that bow out of the factory. I could be wrong, though. A competent archery shop should be able to dial you right in.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:25 PM

this is my first eperience with modules so, all I know is that they go from RSH1-RSH8, with RSH1 being the longest and RHS8 being the shortest. Mine is a RSH3 and is at 29".I actually though that you could get 28"-29" on one module but, I am not certain and unfortunately I dont have a decent shop near by. I already know how the guy is where I bought it from is! Thanks for all of youe help I really appreciated it! I find it strange that no one else has replied? Thank you!