Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
anyone use the Q.A.D. Ultra Nok XL? >

anyone use the Q.A.D. Ultra Nok XL?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

anyone use the Q.A.D. Ultra Nok XL?

Old 01-15-2002, 01:35 PM

Default anyone use the Q.A.D. Ultra Nok XL?

I bought one of these Ultra Nox XL from the Wal-Mart clearance rack, I haven't installed it yet. says it will align my peep without the tubing. Does anybody use one or have used one in the past? What's your opinion?
Old 01-15-2002, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: anyone use the Q.A.D. Ultra Nok XL?

I use a string loop. I have heard of those things breaking and sending shrapnel(sp) everywhere.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:49 PM

I got one at walmart to and after i tried it im gonna take it back. I never had my string slap my arm until i installed.(who knows why) and i think my groups got bigger when i switched. I like the regular string loop much better.
ryan
Old 01-15-2002, 03:32 PM

If you can't get a string loop, you might as well try it.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:45 PM

I had one on my bow it does help align yor peep just read the directions it tells you how to they are nice and easy to install if you don,t have an over draw or a short brace hight collision with you bow shouldn,t be a problem. You bought it because It interested you so try it knowing wal-mart you probably got it dirt cheap so try it you can always go back to whatever you had before like every thing else some guys like them some don,t only you can decide.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:53 PM

I had one on my bow it does help align yor peep just read the directions it tells you how to they are nice and easy to install if you don,t have an over draw or a short brace hight collision with you bow shouldn,t be a problem. You bought it because It interested you so try it knowing wal-mart you probably got it dirt cheap so try it you can always go back to whatever you had before like every thing else some guys like them some don,t only you can decide. although if you havn't used a loop it does move your anchor point back a bit and You could end up drawing to much bow which is a big cause of string slap so wear an arm gaurd at first. I trusted it more than a string loop and shot the same with both and they both save on the serving.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:55 PM

Sorry for the double reply I don't know what the hell Im doing.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:59 PM

It will slow the speed of you arrow down by as much as 7 fps. It has been known to be very hard on the serving and string. It whips your string further forward and may hit anything in its path.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:44 AM

Thats kind of what i was thinking also len,when i got it it looked like a good thing. but after i placed it on my bow just to see how it looked,it looked like a big piece of weight in the middle of my string.can i get the loops you guys are talking about at most of the bow shops? are any better than the others? Thanks for the assistance everyone!
Old 01-16-2002, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Georgia, Rope Loops work on the same principle as the metal loop, but without the weight. I would imagine most bow shops would be capable of tying one on for you, for not too much jack...

Quick Reply: anyone use the Q.A.D. Ultra Nok XL?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.