Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 backtension release >

backtension release

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

backtension release

Old 03-04-2007, 09:35 AM

Default backtension release

hey guys, can anyone explain exactly how a rotation release (backtension release) such as a truball bt gold for example, acually fires.. i realize that you rotate your hand but how does the little half moon make it fire... any diagrams or anything? thanks alot
Old 03-04-2007, 09:48 AM

Default RE: backtension release

For a RH shooter, when you have the release pivoted a little left it holds the string loop and allows you to draw back the arrow. Once at full draw, you slowly rotate your hand the other way - and at some point, with almost total surprise, the arrow is released. If I was looking down on a RH shooter, I would see the top of his/her hand rotating clockwise . . . and once the release rotates past 12 o'clock or so the loops simply slips off the little half moon hook. Great little tool to guarentee a surprise let off - paticularly if you're coming down with target panic.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

i realize that you rotate your hand but how does the little half moon make it fire
You do not rotate your hand.

If you do a search on here you will find a lot of info on BT search under gibblet and tfox they have both posted some really good info.

Once at full draw, you slowly rotate your hand the other way
Once again you do not rotate your hand that is controling the release and not proper back tension.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:07 AM

yea, i searched and nothing came up about backtension man... i feel stupid, but i still dont really understand... if you dont rotate your hand to make the release pivot then what do u do?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have a look at this link

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2011735&mpage=1

Old 03-04-2007, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Have a look at this link

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2011735&mpage=1

thanks alot.! that was a really helpful thread
Old 03-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

True bt releases are really confusing and when you talk about rotation of the bt,you must remember that your fingers are not forcing the release to rotate. The pressure to the fingers from the back muscles should fire the release.Untill you try an actuall bt and start to feel it,it is really hard to grasp.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:49 PM

I agree - apoligies for not explaining it very well. It seems, for me, like I lock the anchor of my thumb joint to the back corner of the jaw - and then start to tighten up my back muscles - which causes the hand to rotate clockwise and release the arrow - creating a surprise release and perfect follow through.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:43 PM

hmm.. sounds very interesting anyway...
Old 03-06-2007, 04:09 PM

If you wanna know how that release works...READ CORE ARCHERY by LARRY WISE.

I'm reading it for the 6th time and cant believe the impact it had on my shooting...

You must first understand back tension...then you will understand want moovement to make for that release to go off...READ IT AT LEAST TWICE.
A phenomenal book...for us passioned ones !

Have fun !

Quick Reply: backtension release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.