HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Lumenocks, Tracer Nocks, Archers Flame? Help? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/182340-lumenocks-tracer-nocks-archers-flame-help.html)

WesternMdHardwoods 02-26-2007 05:01 PM

Lumenocks, Tracer Nocks, Archers Flame? Help?

Simple question? Lumenocks, Tracer Nocks, Archers Flame or etc... which is the best? Any comments really appreciated..!

Yimmy83 02-26-2007 05:38 PM

RE: Lumenocks, Tracer Nocks, Archers Flame? Help?

What i do is make my own. cheap, simple, and sweet. About 1/3 the cost too. There was a web movie file but i don't remember where it was. You just take a thrill fishing light(i think its called nitelight or nitrite), the push kind, and put it in a nock with some glue. Sand the newnock down a bit so it slides in an out with moderate pressure. Cut the old nock in half and epoxy it on the end of the battery so its snug and holds the light/nock in the arrow shaft. They work good for me. Taken three does with one arrow, lights up every time and its really bright!

WesternMdHardwoods 02-26-2007 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Yimmy83

What i do is make my own. cheap, simple, and sweet. About 1/3 the cost too. There was a web movie file but i don't remember where it was. You just take a thrill fishing light(i think its called nitelight or nitrite), the push kind, and put it in a nock with some glue. Sand the newnock down a bit so it slides in an out with moderate pressure. Cut the old nock in half and epoxy it on the end of the battery so its snug and holds the light/nock in the arrow shaft. They work good for me. Taken three does with one arrow, lights up every time and its really bright!

I tried that but i shoot an easton H nock and cant seem to get them to work correctly thx anyhow though

fufanu360 02-26-2007 08:13 PM

the tracers seem to make the most sense to me... ive heard of alot of trouble with the lumenoks... i would pick the tracers

dabowhunter 02-27-2007 03:50 AM

I have used the lumenocks. Great when they work, which is for me only about 1/2 the time

slicksvt 02-27-2007 08:10 AM

I had bought some tracers about a month ago and have had no problems and the work good.

Buckfeveragain1969 03-14-2007 03:31 AM

I also was considering the Tracer.The problem is they dont make them for the H nock,however they do make them for the X nock which I think should fit the ST shafts.

WesternMdHardwoods 03-15-2007 07:02 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Buckfeveragain1969

I also was considering the Tracer.The problem is they dont make them for the H nock,however they do make them for the X nock which I think should fit the ST shafts.

No they dont i also shoot st. and x nocks do not fit in them! SUCKS doesnt it!

mobow 03-15-2007 07:03 PM

I've used lumenoks and archers flame......I BY FAR liked the archers flame better, even though they require a little more to install.....But it's very easy.I found them to be brighter and more durable.

Buckfeveragain1969 03-16-2007 01:03 AM

No they dont i also shoot st. and x nocks do not fit in them! SUCKS doesnt it!

So much for that idea,Thanks for letting me know.I was going to order some for the X nock.