Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 TT Drop Away issue/problem >

TT Drop Away issue/problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TT Drop Away issue/problem

Old 02-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default TT Drop Away issue/problem

I have a Trophy Taker Shakey and it does not drop fast enough for the bow. The fletching is rubbing on it. I know I have plenty of clearence. I am shooting blazers too. Is there anything I can do, or should I get a different rest. I am shooting Vectrix XL at 70 lbs 30" dl and 28.5" arrows.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TT Drop Away issue/problem

When in your draw is your rest at full height. It should come to full height by the time you reach 1.5 inches from your full draw. If it isnt at full height by this time your rest will start to fall too soon and your arrow will drop with it since it hasnt absorbed enough energy to keep the arrow flying in a straight line .
Old 02-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I just checked it and I would have to say that by the time I am within 1.5" of full draw it is all the way up.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to set it so it rises to its full height 1-2 in. before you hit full draw, I believe if I remember correctly, that would involve moving it down the buss cable a bit farther. I shoot the same rest , with blazers, with no problems, your timing on the rest is just a bit off. You can also mess with the spring tension to make it fall faster.

Shane
Old 02-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibsonhoyt

I just checked it and I would have to say that by the time I am within 1.5" of full draw it is all the way up.
It should just be reaching full height at this point in the draw circle, not before.

Shane
Old 02-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to say that is what it does. I took it apart and changed the spring tention but can't tell now if it is dropping out of the way. I need to put somthing on my rest to see if I get transfer on to my fletching.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

I thought you were supposed to put something on the vanes like lipstick and see if it transfers to the bow / rest instead of putting it on the rest and seeing if it transfers to the vane.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

I changed the spring setting giving it more tention and I did put lipstick on the vanes and I am still getting interference.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of these tuning guru's around here used to say they rest was actually dropping fully & then bouncing back up into the path of the fletching, reducing string tension was his suggested fix.

One thing I do with my TT is place the draw chord through the down cable & serve above it, then I tie an overhand knot in the pull chord behind the served section & then adjust the length of support time by letting in & out on the draw chord to get it just right.

You might consider raising your nock point also (this trick used to work with the solo cams).

Old 02-27-2007, 04:47 AM

i did get clearance by lowering the spring tensoin too. someone did some slow motion video and showed it was bounce back hitting the vanes. consider calling trophy taker's tech dept. they know about how every bow likes to be set. on some of the bows the rest shouldn't come up until about 1/2" from full draw.

Quick Reply: TT Drop Away issue/problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.