Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Form ?

Old 12-08-2002, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Form ?

Ever since I have been shooting a bow I have noticed that when I draw my bow and find my anchor I have to move my head forward and down and if I move my peep up my sights are out of adjustment before I get them to were they need to be. I guess what I am wanting to know is the common and what might cure it if it is not?
Old 12-08-2002, 05:08 PM

Default RE: Form ?

Your draw length is too short on your bow if you have to move your head forward.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:29 PM

Sounds like your peep needs to be tied in higher too.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:14 AM

OR, your leaning your body bakc and/or your rotating your shoulder up. If you have to shoot with an arm guard, rotate the shoulder down. (stick arm straight out with thumb down...this is shoulder up...rotate hand so palm is pointing up..this is shoulder down...keep bow arm in shoulder down position and rotate ONLY wrist back to vertical...had to explaine in text).
Your peep eye should be in line with your zipper. If you still have to tip head forward...get a longer draw.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have someone look at you at full draw to determine if your draw length is corect . Draw your bow back with your eyes closed and come to your ancor point, now open your eye and you should be looking thru your peep if not adjust it up or down the string accordingly .

If information provided by the members of this board have helped you please let us know .
Old 12-09-2002, 11:40 AM

I agree with having a 'Professional' look at your form would be in your best interest. Regretfully, you can't see clear and total picture through words.

Old 12-10-2002, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

I have never had a problem with the string slapping me in the forearm and I have shot a fairly short brace heigth of 6". When I try I longer draw I feel like i am spread out to far but I have no problems with the string hitting me in the arm but I still find myself leaning my head just a bit. I wish I had a digital camera so I could give you folks a look see. As far as going to a "pro" shop their are none in my area, ya we have a few "bow" shops but no "pro" shops, I think you know what I mean. But I will have someone look at my form and see what they think.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I noticed this wasn't asked. What's the ATA of your bow?

Old 12-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-12-2002, 08:36 PM

yes the ata will affect if you shoot with the tip of your nose on the string, a longer ata doesn't have a steep string angle like a short bow would causing some to tip their head forward to touch the string to the nose. but i would definitely draw the bow with your eyes closed (like ijimmiy said) get to your anchor, be sure you are comfortable and open your eyes, if your peep is not lined up move it accordingly. always adjust your bow and accessories to you not you to your rig.

Quick Reply: Form ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.