Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 feathers or blazers >

feathers or blazers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

feathers or blazers

Old 02-21-2007, 09:07 PM

Default feathers or blazers

i have yet to try blazers through my wb dx or whatever its called but i have been using feathers and it messes them up pretty goodso iwas wonderin what do yall think are the best thing to use for the arrows

Old 02-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: feathers or blazers

Get a better rest?? Blazers are durable, and probably your best bet to shoot through a biscuit. I'm not real fond of WB, but that's just my opinion.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:00 AM

i was thinkin of a dropaway but do u think it will work with my setup?and they are pricey which i dont like
Old 02-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: the kidd

i was thinkin of a dropaway but do u think it will work with my setup?and they are pricey which i dont like
Yup they are at that but what isn't these days. I used some feathers through a biscut, they got ruffled yuk yuk yuk. Didn't seem to affect the flight though. Did make them noisier. Try some "Savage" Duravanes. I like them. I haven't used them through a WB, but they are supposed to work.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:17 PM

A good alternative to the WB is the NAP 360 Capture. Same principle, but better. It won't hurt your vanes/feathers.

IMO, the Blazer is one of the best through the biscuit simply because of it's rigidity.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:54 PM

thats what i wanted to buy in the first place was that nap 360 but the bowshop didnt have it and went ahead and got the wb which i am no regreting because of its noise and the things it can do to my feathers,but do you think that the nap 360 is a good product?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:37 AM

I have thousands of shots on feathered arrow, through a WB and do not have the damage your's show. It looks more like another arrow hit them while practicing. It seems rather unlikely that the WB would take a chunk out of the middle of the feather. At least I haven't had that happen to mine.

Make sure your arrow shaft is loose in the hole of the WB. If not, just spread it until it's wide enough. Maybe this will help.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:06 AM

well the wb made the feather like that over time and id say the arrow only has about 250-400 shots in it and that wb just slowly tore it up for me atleast it was slow because i had minimum practice but every time i would shoot i w'd look at the feather and i could see the feather ripping apart....idk also because my wb touches about 1/4 inch of the feather when i have an arrow nocked but something is wrong weather its just the feathers ,or the wb isnt alligned right......and yes the hole is big enough for the arrow and it is even alittle abigger just like the manual said it was supposed to be like
Old 02-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with mobow that Blazers are one of the top options for shooting through a WB because of their rigidity... I would personally stay with feathers because of their inherent advantages and switch to a more forgiving rest for you.... Here's my dropaway of choice: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1687790
Old 02-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with a different rest. Drop-aways can be expensive, but don't have to be. I shoot the QAD Ultra Rest Hunter, which is about the same price as the WB, and it'sa great drop away. This rest also is a full capture, but no arrow damage like the WB.

Quick Reply: feathers or blazers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.