Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

GUARDIAN

Old 02-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default GUARDIAN

I was at the shop last week and shot the Bowtech Guardian----WOW
I sold my Patriot and am in the market for a new bow.I want to hear all the good and bad with this bow.I know there is a waiting period ,and that really dosnt concern me as the dealer has 3 of them in now.
So lets have it guys,how does she shoot for you with the accesories installed,speeds your getting with your setup etc.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GUARDIAN

lmao----30 hits and not a single response Looks like I came to the wrong forums for getting answers on the Bowtechs Maybe no one is shooting this bow or alot of people here are just to shy to answer[:-]
J/K guys---Come on,help a Bowtech brother out here
Old 02-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think a quick search with the word "Guardian" would be pretty helpful...

The general consensus is that it's one of the quietest, most shock-free and vibration-free shooting experiences you'll ever have. Some have complained a little about the stiffer draw cycle, which falls somewhere in between the smooth and the fast mods. So far, that's about the only perceived negative I've heard.

Most people rave and rave aboutthe lackof recoil and noise. Some have even saidthey can hear their release "click" upon the shot. Bill Winke's exact quote when discussing noise in one of his reviews was: "Noise? What noise?"

Technically speaking, the bow is the most efficient ever developed, transferring more energy into "push" than any other model before it. I love the way the limbs are bent at such a gentle arc, minimizing stress and doing away with the "diving-board effect" that occurs on all other bows. It's a graceful-looking design when looked at from a side profile where the limbs are concerned.

Hope that helps a bit. I think this bow -- more than any other one out there -- is just one of those that's gonna have to be shot to let you understand and appreciate all the advances designed into it.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love this bow. I have fired about 50 shots out of mine and it's rather amazing how quiet it is out of the box. It's fast, as fast as my Tribute and quite honestly I really don't think it's any harder to draw, as some have stated. It's a great bow. Once I finish tuning it up, I suspect it will perform as well as I hoped. Very well balanced and smooth. You wont be disappointed.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the update guys,so far I am only hearing good things about this bow myself.I really didn't mind the draw on the bow,it was a 60#er maxed out and I was shooting my Patriot at 70.I must admit this bow does have a little harsher draw but its all good.
Still not sure though if I will order one in a 60 or 70 lb model,with these bows today being so fast and efficient it would only make sence to get the 60# model and enjoy it---hmmmmm
I think the biggest thing that turns me on with this bow is not having to have a bow press to do any maintenance work on the strings,cables or peep,and that is a BIG asset to the bow if your way out on a moose hunt or deer hunt and something was to happen to your string.Carry an extra and your set
I agree Greg,I have shot the bow and completely understand what your saying.
Kelly---Whats your setup,draw weight and draw length,just curious to see what your getting out of this bow being so efficient.Whats the speed your getting out of her?
Again thanks guys,spending $900 on a bare bow is alot of money but I am sure I will get every penny's worth
Old 02-19-2007, 11:56 AM

extreme, i have one and it is great. It quiet, shock/vibration free. It is
a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I have not had a problem with it at all and i have shot mine about 100 times.the only downfalll is that its 750$$$. my buddy bought a pearson and his drawback is very smooth (just as smooth if not smoother than mine). his has a little more vibration,etc. but he payed 200$ less than i did. his pearson is also a great bow. i shot ross, pearson, hoyt, and bowtech. i think the bowtech guardian will satisfy any bowshooters wants and needs. YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED!
the draw, i think, is not that bad. id rather deal withthat than a noisy bow with vibration.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:59 AM

by the way. do not spend $900 on the bow. shop around you can find it for 725-750. good luck
- steve
Old 02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info AchryDKB,very much appreciated.
But I must say,finding one here in Canada for $725 will be very hard

Old 02-20-2007, 06:44 AM

It's a great bow. It is so quite and so little vibration, I took the string silencers from Bowtech off to get a little more speed.

I have mine set at 29.5 inches, RipCord Drop Away, G5 peep, string loop, Cooper John Sight and a Stealth Stabilizer. I chrono'ed with a 29 inch CX Maxima arrow at around 310 (varied 2 fps up or down)set at 71 lbs. With the string silencers, I was around 305.

My buddy liked mine so much he bought a Commander last night. The local 3D league at my pro shop always stop to listen to me shoot. Its so quite, they just listen and shake their head.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I'm planning on taking my leeches off and using one of Dan's MeanV suppressors on my Guardian. That way I can get as much as speed as I can and let the supressor help with any potential "twang".

Quick Reply: GUARDIAN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.