Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Muzzy practice?? >

Muzzy practice??

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy practice??

Old 02-06-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Muzzy practice??

Anybody shoot with the muzzy practice blades, and if so how are they compared to the real thing??
Old 02-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy practice??

I shoot them. I like them alot, they dont tear up your foam targets when you remove them like the blades do. But before I go out to hunt I always shoot a few non practice points just to make sure.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:20 AM

I also use them. I found that they perform darn near the real thing. In fact so much so that the slight variation is most likely me, not the practice vs real thing.

And with the new MX-3 out now, you can pick up the old version 3 and 4 blades real cheap.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:59 AM
Spike

Muzzy practice blades work just fine, almost no change of impact from the blades. They remove much easier from a target because of the unique shape.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:06 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

They shoot the same for me as the real blades but they are much harder on my 3-D target than the sharp blades. I quit using them for that reason.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

i never used them. the way i see it i would end up practicing with a REAL BH anyways just to make sure and see for myself..every bow and arrow is diffrent...your may all fly true but maybe my setup wont...something i wouldnt wanna chance...so i elect one broadhead as my practice head and use that while practicing. kinda stinks walkin to the target after the shot...but by the time im practicing soley with broadheads im also practicing for the real thing and trying to practice realistically. shooting only a couple arrows a day...shooting from the tree, in the woods, kneeling on the ground, angles etc...
Old 02-07-2007, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: mez

They shoot the same for me as the real blades but they are much harder on my 3-D target than the sharp blades. I quit using them for that reason.
I agree, with the practice blades i was pulling foam out of my target due to the dull edges,The real blades would slice through the foam on the way out.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

I have used the practice blades and the sharp blades and have noted no real difference in the point of impact. The dull practice blades do not slice up layered targets (slivered).The sharp bladespenetrate deeper into the target and at short ranges, can tend to allow the fletching to bury in the layers.

Just my experience...
Old 02-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

I would use the past years broadheads to practice with and buy a new package of Muzzy's a month before the season started.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:45 PM

They shoot the exact same as the others.

Quick Reply: Muzzy practice??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.