Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Best Hunting Stabilizer for 07 >

Best Hunting Stabilizer for 07

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best Hunting Stabilizer for 07

Old 02-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Best Hunting Stabilizer for 07

Now that most of the new 07 products have been released, I was wondering what everyone thought was the best hunting stabilizer for the new season and why? I am taking a serious look at the new doinker carbon rod stabilizers in 5 or 7 inch. It will be going on a hoyt vulcan or vectrix xl. I am just looking for some feedback and suggestions. Thanks to all.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Best Hunting Stabilizer for 07

I like Doinkers and have used them recently, I have also heard good things about the Simms S-coils as well. Lately though I have gone away from stabilizers all together. Instead Now I just screw in a Limb Saver or something like that just for the sound and vibration.

Example:

Old 02-05-2007, 03:40 PM

I use the Simms S-Coil and it is amazing (and half the price of most stabilizers). It fit perfect into my high-school budget and works wonders.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:46 AM

i use a Hi-tec stabalizer. it is only about 40 dollars and works very well. i used to have a doinker but need to lose some wieght of my bow and these work out fine.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

I put the 4" fuse on my vectrix xl and like it. I like it a lot.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:27 PM

I was reading a F&S mag, 05, this week on a gentleman down in Ill. that is a champion shooter & offers lessons to bowhunters.I'm sorry I don't recall his name @this moment. One of the points he made was in fact having a heavy stabilizer leads to a more steady shooting bow. I currently have a Simms stabilizer on it, more for sound suppression, since it weighs only 4oz. Any thoughts on the "old school" thought of heavy stabilizers?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM

Fuse, Stealth, and definitely the Bowtech "Wild Thing". The latter is the ugliest and may be the best of the three.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a 12" equalizer on my Reflex Buckskin that i hunt with and it seems to do fine. I am not sure how heavy it is but it is most certainly heavier than the standard "huntin' stabilizer". I have people ask be all the time why i hunt with such a long stabilizer? The answer is that i like the stability i get at full draw with it. Since i hunt mostly from treestands in central Ohio i don't worry about the wieght of my bow, it also has never really been clumsy in a treestand either. I think i read that article you refered to in F&S it was pretty good.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't really seen much mentioned about any new stabilizer designs for the '07 equipment lineup. That being said it would seem that many of the tried and true designs mentioned above are still quite popular. The various doinker combinations, the Stealth and the various Sims combinations always seem to be popular choices either for noise and vibration reduction or for balance and aiming.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Carbon Multi Rod Carbon Impact Stab that I have been using for many years that I was successful in bowhunting and 3D with ... with moveable tuneing system that some one broke itthe other day and unfortuatly they dont make the paticular model anymore
So I had to find a new one.... I had it narrowed down to either the 11.5" Doinker Quadra Flex Stab or the Specialty Archery 10" Featherlite Stab.
I decided on the Featherlite Stab with the interchanangeable weight system and moveable tuning weights..I preferred the total overall weight of the Featherlite 5.77 to the Doinker 10.1.... 10.1 was just to much stad weight for me.
The Featherlite worked to balance the bow and dampen the vibration Ifeel in the bow grip without a good stab... I really like the moveable weight to fine tune the feel and balance of the bow, it works great for me........ it is available in 6", 8" or 10" and has 6 different film dipped camo's designs to choose from...... And it looks great in that Film Dipped Camopretty sure that influenced my decision[8D]

Quick Reply: Best Hunting Stabilizer for 07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.