Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech owners

Old 01-31-2007, 08:36 PM
t3

Default bowtech owners

ive been reading alot about the tribute but hadnt had the chance to shoot it yet due to basketball, but i was just wondering what yall thought about the binary cams because i currently have a mathews switchback and i was wondering how the binary cams stood up next to the single cam?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: bowtech owners

This is the best way to answer that question.

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/downloads/EqualizerSystem.pdf
Old 02-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, the binary cam is WAY faster for one thing. The draw is definitely going to be different with the Bowtech since it is a true came, whereas the mathews is nearly a wheel. The tribute is one sweet bow though, especially for a shorter draw archer. Definitely worth a look if you are in the market. As far as draw goes though, kind of like apples and oranges in comparison.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been very impressed with the binary cams for a variety of reasons not the least of which being the ease of tuning, speed and their efficiency level.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:40 PM

i don't know if tuning them is actually easy, or ifthere justaren't many tuning options.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Twas easier for me, but maybe because there wasn't much to "tune" in the first place.
Nock level, set center shot, properly spined arrows= done.

I wish all of my previous bows were as "easy".
Old 02-01-2007, 04:15 PM

nock level, i know how much you appreciate that dave.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Twas easier for me, but maybe because there wasn't much to "tune" in the first place.
Nock level, set center shot, properly spined arrows= done.

I wish all of my previous bows were as "easy".

If only more people did that correctly!
Old 02-02-2007, 05:41 AM

i'm going to wait until the full draw tool that len designed shows up and i'm going to do some laser work on my constitution, and then i'll decide if they're easy to really tune, or if its not tunable w/out shimming the limbs. i'm not looking for a bow i can tune good enough (not talking about hunting bows here). i want a bow i can tune perfectly - and i may be stuck looking at shoot thru's and true dually's.i'm also going to put any bow i buy in the future thru the tests before purchasing it.
well, that is if the commander doesn't really shoot as well as i remember from the show. if that thing actually holds as still asi remember from the show - imma hafta get one.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am very curious to see what you come up with Gibblet with Lens tool and a laser, I hope you post your findings. I do like the binaries a lot, and I have foundthem easy to tune to an acceptable level for the average guy because even if out of time they stay synchronized with each other and still provide level nock travel. I don't like the fact that it is next to impossible to make adjustments for limb twist/cam lean/whatever you want to call it. Also to make minor adjustments to timing/DL/letoff you still have to have a parallel limb compatible bow press for every adjustmentand that can be a PITA at times.

I will add one thing since you already mentioned shoot throughs in your response...........I am loving how precise of adjustments for cam lean, cam timing, draw length, and letoff you can make with no press whatsoever with the shoot through system. You can actually take one of the cables completely off the bow without pressing it and can make adjustments to each cable with no press for limb twist, letoff, draw length, etc. I have also seen that once you have a quality set of string/cables on the bow thecams seem to stay in time VERY well and it cancels out alot of the negative timing/creep issues you typically get with dual cam systems.My theory is that with 4 cablesthey load is spreadmuch more andthey really don't seem to creep at all, the cables really aren't under that much pressure on a X system.

If you get a shoot through and don't need tons of speed, get the new furious cams. They are much more forgiving than a nitrous cam IMHO.........the valley in the borrowed slayer I am playing with now for 3D is a hairy rascal.......any creep at all and it might just tear your arm clean off. It's worse than Bowtechs old duallys.

Now if someone would finally come up with a slaved shoot through X system..........

Quick Reply: bowtech owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.