Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 please help i have no idea?? >

please help i have no idea??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

please help i have no idea??

Old 01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default please help i have no idea??

ok i can group GREAT with my field tips. (who cant right?) ok i shoot muzzy 3 blade 100 gr. my problem is this... ive missed 3 different bucks this year all HIGH an sadly hit a doe extremely high. i honestly thought it was me.. but i shot an i shot 2 different arrows.. one arrow would go high on the target an one would hit right on.. so i keep the 2 apart an the next time the one that hit dead on would go high the the one that went high would go dead on.. this would keep goin on. i even got 2 new arrows same ol ****. i chekced my sights there tight an i checked my rest its tight.. i went out an broght expandable cause i still can group fieldtips great.. thinkin that those broadheads should fly like my fieldtips(iu know wrong thinking) but i blame muzzys .. i know i know there not the proablem but what in the hell is????????????

Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: please help i have no idea??

Nothing can take the place of practising the shot as you expect it to happen. If you have it down in practise and miss it has to be you. Shot deer this year that I know would not have gone as well as they did if I wouldn't have practised them as they happened. I mean they were tough shots put right on the money under situations that were unforgiving. I did not miss. It's the only way I know it can be done.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:39 PM

sounds like to me like your arrows are underspined or your bow is not paper tuned.
your arrows can be on the edge of being too light spined
and you add an extra 1 inch b/c of the length of the broad head and then
your in trouble.
as far as paper tuning your field tips would not always show up out of tune just shooting.
just my guess!!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

More info would be better for a better answer.

Are you practicing on level ground then hunt from a tree stand?

Do you practice from a elevated height?

When on the stand do you bend at the waist or lower your bow arm?

What is the draw weight and what arrows are you using?

What fletching are you using?

The more info you give us the better answer we can give you otherwise we are taking shots in the dark and not helping you at all.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

Have someone you know is a decent shot shoot your bow with your arrows (he does not have to be a great shot, just good). This will prove to you you are not aimimg. Youare peeking or trying to see your arrow fly or some such thing.

Just aim and shoot. Believe you will hit the bulls eye every time. Really believe it and it will happen.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

what i dont understand is if i shoot the exact same on level ground with ft's an bh's why is my broadheads goin like that... i mean ill take 4 or five of each arrow an shot at 2 spots.. the ft's will group great an the braodheads will either be high or right in there. an its not always the same arrows goin high i can take the tips off an swtich arrows an the same stuff happens.. this is what im puzzled about

Old 01-27-2007, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

All high misses. Sounds to me (as Aussie asked) like your not practicing from hunting heights. Missing high is pretty common and is usually a form problem-"not bending at the waist and squaring up to your target". Also, be sure to spin test when you put your broadheads on. Re-check the following: spine, fletching contact and make sure you mark all of your arrows so that you can rule out a flyer.

Dan
Old 01-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i understand what u guys are syain about treestand heights but im shootin high like this on the ground at a target an my arrows are marked.. what will hit center one time wont the next an vise versa for other arrows.. could this lead to a tuning problem? i had my bow tuned before the season
Old 01-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Could be a tuning problem, could be a spine problem or it could be a form problem without actually seeing you shoot it is only going to be guess work.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i keep readin about all this "spine" stuff... i really dont know what this is... i kow this is another subject but can u explain this?

Quick Reply: please help i have no idea??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.