Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 please help i have no idea?? >

please help i have no idea??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

please help i have no idea??

Old 01-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: please help i have no idea??

The spine of the arrow.

The arrow spine has to match the bow you just cant go out and buy any old arrow and expect it to shoot perfect every time.

If you live in Maryland then go see Len at Macrotech he will set you up right and will make sure the bow, arrows and shooter are tuned to each other

Old 01-28-2007, 10:13 PM

First off i think you have a tuning problem,If your broadheads are impacting high,your nocking point is to low.move the knocking point up 1/16th of an inch at a time , till your field point and broadhead come together,if they are plaining to the right of your field points move your rest out very slightly,till they meet,here is a simple way to set up your center shot on soild limb bows.put a peace of masking tape in the center of your limb next to the limb cup,measure across the limb mark the center of the limb on the tape,do this on the top and bottom limb then put another mark 3/16thto the left of that mark same side the rest is on.Nock an arrow line up the marks on the limbs you just did with the string,move rest so the arrow lines up with the string and the marks on the limbs,this will be your center shot between the center mark and the 3/16th mark,then paper tune hope this helps
Old 01-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with loomis on this one. Also, see if you have proper clearance with your broadheads. Any bit of friction can throw you any which way. Are all your broadheads tuned exactly? I would start there. When you shoot a broadhead that hits where you think it should and then you get one that goes off, compare the 2 laid on a table. The problem could be as simple as a rubber washer to put them all in tune.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:24 PM

I agree with most of what has been said.I think that if all your missesare high then you are not bending at the waist as has been mentioned.Since you said you missed 3 deer all "HIGH" you might also consider that these deer were a little on edge and could have possibly jumped the string.You combine that with not bending at the waist and you have a recipe for disaster.When i sight my pins in sight them to shoot a little low on the ground,so that when i am on stand i don't have to remember to hold low in case they jump the string.I agree that since you live in Maryland You go see Len.His Adress is :MACROTECH
5826 Ritchie Hwy.
Baltimore, Md 21225
(410)789-7777
Old 01-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ill take a guess , your shooting a single cam bow . Some cant be tuned , others if they get out of the proper index will do what you are describing .
Dual cam bows will do the same if they need to be creep tuned . Hybreds dont usely have this as a built in issue but you never know . Frist thing Id check is string and cabel lengths , then axil to axil , and brace height , if all is good , you very posably are pulling the shot , we all do it , some worst than others . Make sure its not allways the same arrow allso , might be a bad one in the bunch .
Old 01-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

U just need to set up your bow for the tips our find some other ones that will work. i had to becuase mine did the same thing.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:27 PM

When you first practiced with your broadheads and did not hit your intended target, that should have told you right then. Either your bow is not in tune or you have the wrong spined arrow. Erratic flight of an underspined arrow usually doesn't show up that much with field tips but as soon as you screw a broadhead on bingo it will show. More info like draw weight, draw length, length of arrow and spine of the arrow are needed before an educated assessment can be made. Just remember its a crap shoot to screw on new broadheads and have them fly like field tips unless everything is matched perfectly and your bow is perfectly tuned. Shooting through paper is the first step and you can go from there. Let us know more info and maybe we can figure it our for you. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

another dumb question- what exactly does paper tune show? sorry not real edcuated with all this stuff..... killzone i did go out an buy expandable's thinkin "fly like a ft" but never had time to shoot anymore,