Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Possibly the best drop away rest! >

Possibly the best drop away rest!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Possibly the best drop away rest!

Old 01-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Spike

Default Possibly the best drop away rest!

I just completed modifying The Black Gold trap door rest that has been sitting in my archery box for the past year. I always liked the Trap Door, but I didn't like the launcher much, because it is noisy with carbons and the arrow didn't stay on very well. Anyway, I solved the problem! I took the original launcher off and fitted an extra launcher from a QAD Ultra on it. Now Ihave the simplicity of the Trap door, with a lot of the containment features of the QAD Ultra. I can't wait to try it!

The original launcher is sitting next to the rest. As you can see, if I would have tried to silence the original launcher with fleece or feltit would have made it even more difficult to keep an arrow on it. I hope it works!

Old 01-14-2007, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Possibly the best drop away rest!

It seems of all the fall away rests out there, it's the Montana Black Gold that more folks actually dislike. Why is this? Is the magnetic style rest just to inconsistent or unreliable in actual hunting conditions?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:00 AM

I honestly feel the best drop a way I have tried is the Muzzy Zero Effect. It looks complicated but once you use one they are stupid simple and work great.

Paul
Old 01-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Spike

I had one it did well for a couple of years,but then I started shooting wild.I checked everything and still couldn't get a good group.I went to the local pro shop he said my rest wasn't dropping fast enough.He but on a Trophy ridge and said if it didn't cure my problem he would give me the rest.Well problem solved it just bothered me that the rest was dropping but not fast enough.I like the new holder you are right the factory one was a PITB.I don't think I will buy another I really like my trophy ridge.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:33 AM

No problems with MZE dropping fast enough.Sure it looks complicated but once set up "properly"no sweat.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I honestly feel the best drop a way I have tried is the Muzzy Zero Effect. It looks complicated but once you use one they are stupid simple and work great.
Ditto... see my review of that particular rest, and you'll see you summed up my thoughts in one sentence.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sweet! Hope it works out. Might be a contact issue with those long arms.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Spike

Might be a contact issue with those long arms.
I already addressed this by adjusting the sensitivity and cranking up the spring pressure so it will drop faster. I'll lrt you all know how it turns out.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

The MZE is a good one. However, I personally feel you can't beat the ATA Twister for hunting drop away. Total containment, its simple to get fletch clearence,quiet, and as accurate as any of them. Of all the rest I've used the past several years, its the best I've tried.

I think the big thing with the Montana rests is the reliability factor, along with not have any containment of any kind. On the biggest reasons I didn't like the QAD I tried was because of the "unknown" factor of not having the mechanism in the rest fall at release. I surely don't want that happening on my upcoming hunting trip.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd give a good vote for the APA Twister Safari too... I've got one of those on my '06 Allegiance.

Quick Reply: Possibly the best drop away rest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.