Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 new bow hunter help >

new bow hunter help

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new bow hunter help

Old 01-13-2007, 01:51 PM

Default new bow hunter help

I am a long time rifle and shotgun hunter that has recently gotten hit with the archery bug. I was recently given a Parker Phoenix 36 70# with a 29 inch draw by my uncle and was wondering what size and type arrows I should use. I have some carbon express Terminator Hunter 6075 arrows from an old compund bow I was shooting for fun and was wondering if they were safe to use on my new bow. Also how in the world do I determine the correct arrow length needed for my bow? Thanks! The whole dropping deer from 200 yards away has gotten kind of boring and I'm hoping to try my hand at bowhuntinbg next year but I want to make sure I am accurate enough not to fill my woods full of deer with arrows in their butt!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new bow hunter help

You are going to get some different opinions, one of the big things is light vs. heavy arrows. Your local pro shop should be able to get you your start. I personally shoot heavy aluminums out of my bowtech, not super fast but the power is unbelievable.