Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow help

Old 01-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Spike

Default Bow help

What do you guys think.
I have had my bow since 01 it is a Fred Bear code. I have no idea how many times i have shot it. I used to shoot league but know i just hunt with it. I cannot group with it like i used to be able to. The box it came in said it is a 70lb bow but i can only get 63lbs out of it. Also the vanes on the arrow hit the riser which they never used to do I have adjusted everything on the bow but cannot fix any of the problems. Would a new string help?
I took it to a pro shop because I thought the limbs might be warped but they said they were ok. Any suggestion would be helpful.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:46 PM

Default RE: Bow help

Start with replacing the string and go from there. Many people that shoot regularly replace their strings on a yearly basis.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:21 PM

Just wondering but didnt the Fred Bear Code just come out last year. I might be wrong, i was just wondering.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

New strings and cables would be my first agenda item. That should correct the poundage issue. Then, I'd retune the bow. Get your arrow rest adjusted for center shot and height. Then go shoot and tune it. You may find thats all you needed.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would actually bottom the limbs out FIRST and check tiller.If tiller is way off like this,then you may have a limb failure.If the tiller checks relatively close,then the strings and cables would be my next concern.

Regardless,the strings and cables are needing to be replaced if more than a couple years old.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:39 PM

yeah, I just bought the code last year and i believe it was the first year it was offered. I could be wrong, but i am almost positive, as fred bear didn't put out its parrallel limb bows until 05 or 06. (again, i could be totally wrong)