Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need some help.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Need some help.

Well guys, I'm looking to buy some arrows to get me started shooting. I dont have a lot of cash right now so I just need some thing to get me through for a few months untill I can afford something better. I have a new Bear Element set @ 70 pounds, 28" draw, and 75% letoff. I currently have A half dozen 200 series carbon force arrows(100 grain feild points) 28" long, and I also have some 28.5" carbon express terminators series 4650. Would any of theese wor or would I have to get new ones? If so, how do I know what to get? Thanks alot guys!!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need some help.

Ok if i was you and the arrows are working then i would use them as long as i could. But if you are going to buy some new ones then i would use easton epic 400. I just got these arrows and they have work for me and are working better then any other arrows i have ever had. I am very happy with easton on thesse arrows. They also have other good arrows, like the easton hunters 340, they are good to.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:12 AM

Well I havent shot the bow yet because I'm affraid these arrows may be to light and could cause damage, so I dont know if they will work or not.
A guy at Gander MT. told me word for word " this bow will shatter those arrows", speaking of the carbon forces. I thought that sounded kinda crazy thats why i'm consulting you guys.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:18 AM
t3

by looking at the charts i would say that you need the 300s in the carbon force arrows and i would probably get the 6075s in the carbon express terminators.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The numbers on the arrows usually indicate what poundage can be used
with those particular arrows(roughly)depending on what you put on the
front(heavier tip weight will cause the arrow to have more flex=weaker
spine).4560 are "supposed"to be good with bows shooting between 45 and
60 pounds of draw weight.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:40 PM

So I shold step up in arrows? Thats kinda what I thought. But if I shot them for a little while would they cause any damage or would they just be loud? I'm just excited to go shoot it for the first time, but after setting up the bow I dont have alot of extra cash. But if it would hurt the bow at all, I would'nt even think about it.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

You do need a stiffer spined arrow to shoot at 70#. In the meantime all you have to do is turn the limb bolts back a couple turns, probably about 3 turns. It'll get through for a ittle while. At least till the itch gets out of your system.