Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazer success!

Old 01-11-2007, 08:25 PM

Default RE: Blazer success!

Actually, it's not only the rigidity of the vane, but the sharp "up" angle the Blazer uses go get to height.....Most vanes cavitate, that is, create a negative pressure around them and they are in "dead" air....this steep angle prevents that.....Somehow or another....[8D]

The vane stays in "clean" air allowing it to stabilize better....
Old 01-12-2007, 09:36 AM

that is what i use is the liquid loc tite superglue and have even told people that on a couple of post with people havein troubles with adhesion. i like it better than the gel, because it is defintelly cheaper

Old 01-12-2007, 03:01 PM

Try Goat Tuff, It's like super glue on steroids. Don't use too much it will take longer to dry.
Archer58 is right. Never had an issue ever putting the blazer with goat tuff glue. No prep on the shaft or wraps just hold fine but I do finish off the gluing with a tiny dabb of goat tuff on the ends of vanes to make the hold.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:58 AM

Strange, I have never had a problem with adhesion with Blazers. I have used both fast set gel and now I am using Bohning Quantum XT. They are on wraps right now, but I have also fletched them on the bare shaft. I guess I am just lucky.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just an update on my Blazers. I've been pounding the piss out of them for the last couple weeks with no issues at all. They are definitely accurate.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the tip, Muzzyman... I heard Proff suggest the same thing a couple days ago, and I'll definitely be picking up a few tubes of this stuff soon.

Only problem with Goat Tuff is the exorbitant price of the stuff!! I surely hope the Loc-Tite is reasonably well under those prices!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:27 AM

I understand that after you lay your vane on the arrow...run a bead of fletch glue on the front tip of the vane and then a very fine bead up the side of the vane and you'll be in business.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:28 AM
bigcountry

Ever tried fletching tape?

Old 01-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Goat tuff is my number 1 glue,actually now it's the only glue that i
use anymore--if you're not careful you might end up with your finger
tips glued together
Old 01-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Banned

I use wraps with no prep other than a clean soft cloth to wipe my finger oils off of the wrap. I use Bohning platinum fletchtite glue, a Bitzenberger fletcher, and have no problems with blazers sticking. I put a small drop on each end of the vane when done.Maybe I am lucky.

Quick Reply: Blazer success!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.