Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
question about jennings bow >

question about jennings bow

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

question about jennings bow

Old 11-27-2002, 07:41 AM
jca

Default question about jennings bow

i have been given a jennings carbon extreme,bought in 1995. it says 80 lb./ 30 inch draw on the limb label. i need to know what the lowest poundage i can turn down to. is it 70-80 or 60-80..what % letoff is it also? it is a hard bow to hold back, i would like to shoot it at 60 lbs. if i can, but dont want to back the limbs out if it isnt right ...thanks
Old 11-27-2002, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: question about jennings bow

I think you would be safe going to 65 lbs . back both limbs off equaly for even tiller . I think your letoff is 65% on that model which is a excelet bow by the way . One thing to check is your string and cabel condition I'd replace them if they look old or even if they dont this bow may have some old strings on it . You can e-mail the company at this link

http://fulldraw.net/bear/jennings.html

or call them I'd do that first before I droped it to 65 lbs and I think 60 lbs is too light for a 80 lb bow

If information provided by the members of this board have helped you please let us know .