Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow opinions

Old 12-30-2006, 04:09 PM
dws

Default arrow opinions

I am replacing my goldtips and I was thinking of trying Beman ICS Hunters or Easton Lightspeeds, does anybody use either of these? I would like to hear your results if so.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:46 PM

Default RE: arrow opinions

Personally I would stick with the gold tips. I used the ics hunters for a while and honestly I think that they may actually lose their straightness after a while. I know im probably gonna get flamed for that but I truly do believe that it happened. I know the saying is that carbon is either broke or straight but i dont believe it to be true, not in the long run that is. Gold tips are the best carbon arrow ive ever shot. Used the same arrows for 2 years. They were abused too. A few robin hoods and nocks were busted off many times. JMO that the gold tips are a more durable shaft.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:58 PM

Not a fan of the ICS Hunters either.....That finish makes for poor vane adhesion...

The Lightspeeds are good arrows though.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:17 AM
dws

Thanks guys, I guess I'll cross the ICS off the list. I'm only changing brands because I'm tired of waiting for goldtips to get in stock. You can't find them anywhere around here.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:38 AM

You can definately shoot the spine out of a carbonarrow after a while.I would not choose the Beman's either.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:46 AM

I understand what you mean about Gold Tip.....We can't get any either....Check out Carbon Express...
Old 12-31-2006, 11:56 PM
Spike

I agree about the Carbon Express. I have been really impressed with the Maxima shafts. They are as tough or tougher than anything else out there and they fly great.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

I second the Carbon Express suggestion.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

CE Maximas are the best carbon that I have ever shot and I think that I like them better than the ACCs I used to shoot.

Just my .02 cents.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

I will be upgrading from the CX 300 to the Maxima, once the season ends here in MD.
Is there a big difference in the way the Maxima and the Maxima Hunter shoot?

Quick Reply: arrow opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.