Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hoyt Vectrix=Pain to tune? >

Hoyt Vectrix=Pain to tune?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Vectrix=Pain to tune?

Old 12-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Hoyt Vectrix=Pain to tune?

No. 1.....any new string needs to be shot in to settle.
No. 2.....paper tuning is a good starting point but shooting perfect, I mean perfect bullet holes is not necessary. Some of the best professional archers in the world didn't always have their bows shooting bullet holes, take Frank Pearson for example.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:09 AM

Again, thank you for all the info.
My plan at present is to....
Shoot the bow, most likely without a sight, for about 300-400 shots, just to let it settle in.
Bring it back to the shop, and start again at square one.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:37 PM

I bought mine tonight, and in 20 shots had it shooting perfect holes and sighted in......I've been hearing they may be tough to tune, but this one wasn't....
Old 12-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Host of Hosts

My Trykon didn't tune easily but my Vectrix was quick and easy.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:50 AM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

My Trykon didn't tune easily but my Vectrix was quick and easy.

trykon, whats ur set-up? why do some people have a hard time paper tunning and some not? does it have to do with the rest/sight/etc...
Old 12-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would not try and make any adjustments until I had at least 300 shots through the bow to let the string do what its going to do. And even then I would pay more attention to how it walk back tunes. I believe in paper tuning to a point but I don't shoot targets or game at that range.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:02 PM

As many on here can attest, I rarely respond to a "tuning" question. However, the title of this thread may be unjustified for Hoyt's '07 models. All you gave for information was;
Hoyt Vectrix @ 27"
Sword Twilight Hunter
NAP 360
Hoyt Stablilizer
Arrow yet to be determined.

The arrow and rest are key elements in any tuning issue. Your choice of one is 'undetermined' and the other is questionable. Captive rests can be similar to trying to tune 'off the shelf.' Understanding the dynamics of such a choice can aggravate the best of technicians. It's sometimes advantageous to try another rest that's known to work to determine whether or not it's a rest problem.

As far as the information you've been given, some is very good and some is bad. That's the problem with forums.[:@] Just watch the reponses on that comment.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Host of Hosts

trykon, whats ur set-up? why do some people have a hard time paper tunning and some not? does it have to do with the rest/sight/etc...
My rest is a NAP Smart Tune Drop Away. To answer your other question see Len in Maryland's post.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:41 AM

I think tuning has alot to do with correct form, and with the way the bow fits your style of shooting.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Spine seems to really affect the way the Vectrix tunes.This bow shoots hard and many try to use their old arrows and they are not stiff enough.

I did,however run your numbers through my program and assuming your arrow length is around 26"'s,your spine should be fine.A little stiff but not much.Maybe you could add a turn to the limbs and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Hoyt Vectrix=Pain to tune?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.