Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Elite Archery

Old 11-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Elite Archery

Does anyone know whats going on with elite archery. Are they even making bows anymore.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Elite Archery

yes they are still making bows this year but they are cauing extreme amounts of controversy, for things such as their strings not being winners choice as advertised. The bows themselves are good from what ive heard and one of their bows this year has a 340 something ibo.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

yes they are still making bows this year but they are cauing extreme amounts of controversy, for things such as their strings not being winners choice as advertised. The bows themselves are good from what ive heard and one of their bows this year has a 340 something ibo.
Good friend of mine bought 2x E500's from the local dealer. One came apart on him at full draw from the cam cutting the string loop and injured him, when that one was in the shop getting fixed the other started cutting the string loop and luckily he noticed it before it let go too and injured him again. I guess their resolution to this widespread problem was to dremel the cams and then sell themlike this.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

They have two new models. The names are on the website but there are no pictures or specs yet. There were pictures on this website a few weeks back. They both look real nice. Some Elite dealers have one of the new models and the other is supposed to out Jan 1. My local dealer carries Elite and has had 10 or 12 of the newest ones on the rack for about 4 weeks.

Good Luck!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cloud,
Who is the dealer you are talking about?I live 45 minutes from ST.CLOUD and will make that trip this weekend if they have the new ELITES!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:42 AM

We won't be selling them this year, that I can tell you. Shoot, we can't even get parts for one that needs a limb......We talked to Kevin himself a month ago, and he said he would get them in the mail that afternoon....YEAH...RIGHT!!! Where are they Kevin?????

This is TOTALLY just my opinion, but I think they are done. Closing up shop.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

We won't be selling them this year, that I can tell you. Shoot, we can't even get parts for one that needs a limb......We talked to Kevin himself a month ago, and he said he would get them in the mail that afternoon....YEAH...RIGHT!!! Where are they Kevin?????

This is TOTALLY just my opinion, but I think they are done. Closing up shop.
You must be mistaken, one of Kevin Struthers infamous Barnsdale laminated limbed speed bows actually busted a limb? I thought that was why he left Bowtech, over limb quality issues? I have never seen more basic business mistakes from a new company coming out of the gate. They would make a good case study in any business school on how "NOT TO START A COMPANY". I could be wrong I don't pretend to be Bill Gates or anything but I think Elite will go bankrupt before you know it. I would not invest money in one of thier bows nomatter how nice or fast they shoot, I like a lifetime warranty to mean something. And if I was a dealer I wouldn't want to tie up inventory dollars on stuff I likely won't be able to service in the futur.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:21 PM

Terry, I agree completly. Personally, I am kinda ticked off at them. I stuck up for them most of the summer while all that crap was going on because I really felt like they were an awesome product.....Gotta tell ya though....I no longer have ANYTHING good to say about them.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:17 AM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Terry, I agree completly. Personally, I am kinda ticked off at them. I stuck up for them most of the summer while all that crap was going on because I really felt like they were an awesome product.....Gotta tell ya though....I no longer have ANYTHING good to say about them.
you sure did mobo, and i respect you a lot for that, a lot. i tried to also, and i have some customers that are very happy w/ their elite bows, and some that got the dremmeled out cam rickjames showed a pic of - except the dremmelled out part wasn't re-painted. i've had to let them know that my warranty doesn't apply to exploding end loops on elite bows (this is onsome of the06 bows)- because there is nothing i can do to stop them from blowing if they haven't been dremmelled correctly. i've been hoping kevin would go back to making some great single cam bows - like the patriot, and hoping the second round of bows would go better.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quick Reply: Elite Archery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.