Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fitz fibers?

Old 11-13-2006, 09:39 PM

Default fitz fibers?

has anyone shipped there sight in and got some fiber optic pins?i was thinkin about it but im not to sure if it is a good product or not i use a cobra sight and waas plannin on getting the 5 pack for 20 dollars for the ld one check out there websitehttp://www.fitzfiber.com
Old 11-13-2006, 11:04 PM

Default RE: fitz fibers?

I finally got around to replying to your earlier post on the Cobra Sidewinder thread.

As far as the fibers are concerned, I haven't had the opportunity to use this stuff yet, but I will be buying some after season when I make some changes to my Cobra Sure Loc Sidewinder.

I am pretty certain you understand you will need the "LD" (Long Distance) fibers for a wrapped fiber optic sight like the Cobra Sidewinder series sights. If you know the size of your pins (are they .019, .029, .039, etc.??)I would definitely take a look into buying the 5 pack and testing the fibers out.

I know when you go to change out the stock Cobra fibers it will be challenging trying to fit the Fitz Fiber back into the fiber column, but with a little patience it will work.

I had the column off trying to get the light kit on the sight and it challenged my patience.

The only other option, as you mentioned, would be for you to send in your sight. I don't know the pricing on this option, but I do know they probably won't change much besides installing the fibers the exact way you would when doing it yourself.

Unless I am mistaken, sending your sight in is to help design ways to incorporate "LD" fibers on sights which originally use short 2-3 inch fibers for each pin. In this case, people want custom brackets and designs to help incorporate the "LD" fibers and keep their sights looking clean.

Hope some of this might help you.

Bols

Old 11-14-2006, 11:00 AM

You should be able to do it yourself without much difficulty. The Fitz fibers are much more pliable than the Cobra ones and if you warm them a little in warm water you'll be able to curl them up just like the factory coils. i don't recall if the 5 pack has blue as one of the color options but be aware that blue fiber optic really needs a light source to be its brightest. I went with orange, yellow and green.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fitzfibers are a quality product. Durable and bright with great customer service.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just replaced my factory fibers on my Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-It with Fitz... Man, what a world of difference! I wouldn't use another Spot Hogg without doing the same. Literally -- a night and day difference!!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have changed the fibers out in both of my sights to Fitz. I just thought they were bright before, but now..........
Old 11-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fitz does great stuff, no doubt about that.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:26 PM

but they just sell the fibers rite they dont sell the pin thats what i mean or do they because if they sell the pin and the fiber then i can do it my self or is it the other way around where they sen me the fiber and i have to connect it to the pin or what..can someone explain to me the instructions on putting them on
Old 11-16-2006, 11:16 AM

It is just the fiber. You would just replace the fibers that you already have in your sight. If you want to add more pins you'd have to get them from the sight manufacturer and replace their fibers with the Fitz. There are installation tips on their web site.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:50 PM

but how would i connect the fiber on to the pin

Quick Reply: fitz fibers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.