Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2007 Hoyt Website Update. >

2007 Hoyt Website Update.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2007 Hoyt Website Update.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2007 Hoyt Website Update.

Still no email link.

Unless the customer service end of Hoyt gets better I'm not interested in another. Talked to them on the phone yesterday, again. The guy could at least answer a few of my questions this time. One he could not was what is the retail price of some cams. Told me it was up to the place I bought them from. What a bunch of crap.

The reason I asked was my brothers bow string got cut on our last trip. He went down to the Authorised dealer and they put a 55.25 string on it. It was supposed to be 53.75. He told my brother that the one he had was wrong this was the right one. Total BS but he had no choice, they didn't have the right one. No set up, nothing. He didn't even put a twist in it.

He'd like a longer draw so since he already has a string for a #5 cam we thought of getting the #5 along with new cables. Don't want to buy a new bow just to do it, if you catch my drift. Crappy customer service all the way around. He's home now and dealing with the"pro" shop there. I'm heading there today for a hunt and will stop in to explain things to those "pro's" who never even mentioned to my brother that is was possible for him to increase his DL. They just said "dah, we'll order the right one, 2 weeks" (ya, he mentioned it).Reminds me of dealing with the government, but at least I don't have to continue to here.

Websites fine. I don't know much about putting one together. Loaded pretty quick.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Campo

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR
Copy Cat!

Why don't you guys like the Stealth Shot? If it performs like the STS system it will work great. I proved that to myself and many others on my Trykon. And the other improvements are the smoother cams and another dampner in the riser updated string manufacturing process and improved string shox.My Trykon wasn't all that noisy so the Vectrix should be super quiet.
I like your thought process!
Does anybody know what the price difference is between the Trykon and the Vectrix?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

The hoyt rep/dealer/pro here is a moron. He has no idea how to put strings on a cam and a half and his first attempt made a 60-70 bow 90lbs. He put E cams which are the 05 cams not the 06. They do work though. Took him 5 hours to put the strings on. He tried to blow so much smoke up my shorts I thought his head was going to explode from so much bs.

I'll say this for the bow, even though it's totaly wacked it still shoots relatively well. Real credit to the system.