Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 how can i get better groups?now with a video see pg 3 >

how can i get better groups?now with a video see pg 3

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

how can i get better groups?now with a video see pg 3

Old 11-02-2006, 08:57 PM

Default how can i get better groups?now with a video see pg 3

i dont know if there liie this because i havent shot in about 2 wks or so or is it just me?any help would be appreciated
Old 11-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how can i get better groups?

nothing will make you a better shot than practice and getting to know your equipment and how it functions.

AH Grasshoppa you must Be the bow
Old 11-02-2006, 09:05 PM

as u can tell look at all of todays arrows at ten yard !!!!! i felt really diapointed in my self...i thought my form was good but i was feeling also like if my sight was off on some shots,i was flinching,but then shots were right on ,shot again and then 2in down i just dont get it

Old 11-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks to me that you may be flinching when you shoot
do you know what blind bail shooting is?

get right up to your target draw aim close your eyes dont think about anything then release the arrow keep thearm in position but let the bow fall forward on release of the arrow. If you dont have a wrist sling get one you need one.

do a search on blind bail shooting here you will find out what the benefits are using this technique
Old 11-04-2006, 10:10 AM

yes i noticed yesterday that i was flinching while shooting although i was shootin way better groups then that day ....they were all within 2 inches from eachother ...but i stiill could tell that i was flinching and no i dont know what a blind bail is....and why would i need a wrist sling for? do you have any piks of that blind bail thing?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope that is not your bed behind that target. I learned a long time ago that target panic and shooting in the house don't mix very well.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:21 AM

nah i wasnt shooting in the house i was shooting in the garage and that isnt a bed its my sisters bed sheets on a old couch and no i dont have target panic any more i had it when i first got the bow though about a year ago
Old 11-04-2006, 10:32 AM

i guess u can call it a bed cuz that couch turns into one but i like it there just for saftey reasons that way if something does happen it wil just hit the couch and not into the wall behind it
Old 11-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

There can be many reasons that you are not shooting tight groups- I honestly dont like shooting groups for the simple fact that arrows are expensive. But to each his own-

My suggestions are for you to: work on your form some more- make sure that you put your finger on your release and squeeze the trigger instead of punching it- make sure thatthe outside of yourpeep sight lines up with the outside of your sight- shoot shoot shoot..
Old 11-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Spike

Give it time Kidd it will come to ya just do like tazman7 said shoot,shoot,shoot and work on your form and in no time you will be buying lot's of arrow's[8D]

Quick Reply: how can i get better groups?now with a video see pg 3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.