Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY >

BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY

Old 10-21-2006, 09:40 AM

Default BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY

WHAT IS THE BEST REST. ANY FEEDBACK GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY

I prefer the biscuit, no moving parts, very little to break,works well with right fletched blazer vanes IMHO.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best rest for what? What do you want your rest to do for you? What kind of shooting do you intend to do? Hunting? Target? 3D?

If it's to be a rest for strictly hunting and recreational target shooting, I'd go with the bisquit because of it's simplicity. If it's to be used for serious competition, even if youalso intend to hunt with the same setup,I'd suggest the dropaway because it's capable of greater accuracy at longer distances.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 AM

It depends , what comes on the new bow you'll have to buy if you dry fire yours anymore?

Sorry, the whisker biscuit is easy and good... go with it. Thats whatt I have and I like it.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like biscuits with jelly on a plate but not on my bow!

Go with a drop away

check out the archery gear classifides I have some TKOS for sale there
Old 10-21-2006, 06:13 PM

drop away if you want the best performance and consistity.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Best rest for what? What do you want your rest to do for you? What kind of shooting do you intend to do? Hunting? Target? 3D?

If it's to be a rest for strictly hunting and recreational target shooting, I'd go with the bisquit because of it's simplicity. If it's to be used for serious competition, even if youalso intend to hunt with the same setup,I'd suggest the dropaway because it's capable of greater accuracy at longer distances.
I'd have to agree with this statement, If you are using your bow to hunt then the Biscuit is hard to beat. While it can be accurate at long distances I think you will find the dropaways to be more accuratein the hands of an average archer. But, for hunting distances (under 50yds)the Biscuit is great. I use one and I have no problems at all with it, even with standard 4in cheapo vanes.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a drop away. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy. Once it's set, there is no tuning or fussing with it. It's just as "simple" as the whisker biscuit. What I don't like about the biscuit is that it will sometimes catch a bit of fletch and your arrow does not come off clean. Oh, you hit close to where you were aiming, but with hunting, that could be a liver/gut shot instead of a lung shot. Spend the extra money and time to get used to the drop away.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:42 AM

biscuit for hunting is a good choice. You'll be changing fletchings on your arrows a little more often. But the 360 deg. of capture is great when your in the stand. for target or 3d. Id definately switch to a dropaway. I persnally like the Trophy Takers drop away!! Reliable and durable. I use it for hunting also. But there are many decent drop aways out there. more of a preferance. Good luck!!
Old 10-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The one the only Muzzy Zero Effect I have two of them and love them with never a problem

Quick Reply: BISCUIT OR DROP-AWAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.