Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need a New Sight.....help wanted >

Need a New Sight.....help wanted

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need a New Sight.....help wanted

Old 10-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Need a New Sight.....help wanted

I am in need of a new sight and was wondering what you guys recommend. My setup shoots very flat and pretty fast. THe current cheap P.O.S sight I have cannot get close enough together because my arrow is shooting so flat. Do any of you guys shoot with a red dot scope at all?? Someone please help guide me to where I need to be....also I will be mostly hunting with this bow....
Old 10-16-2006, 11:06 AM

Default RE: Need a New Sight.....help wanted

High Country has a sight that might be the sight you might want to check out. It is called the Triangle sight. It allows for very close pin adjustment. here is the link.
http://www.highcountryarchery.com/acc_sight.htm
Hope this helps
Old 10-16-2006, 11:06 AM

I would look into Copper John.

I have one now and like it, though I would like it better if the pins were a bit brighter.

I plan on upgrading to a Cobra Sidewinder LX after this season though, the pins on it are amazing.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:17 AM

I would look at a sword sight.
I have one and they are simply awesome!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for sword. Made of much better materials than copper john's dead nuts and the pin tracks won't marr or be damaged from tightening the sight pins. All swords come with a light as well as long fibers so they collect tons of light and are super bright. The twilight hunter is a great no nonsense hunting sight, and the Apex 3rd plane is great for hunting and 3D use with a movable sight extension bar and 2nd and third axis adjustments.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your pins are that close then I think I'd use a single pin adjustable. It allows for adjustments when practicing or 3D and for hunting just set it for a predetermined range (25 yards) and shoot anything between 5 and 30 yards by holding dead on.

The other advantage is that you do not block out the target with multiple pins.

My opinion? The HHA Optimizer series for one of the best you can buy. I use the OL-5000.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I would look into Copper John.

I have one now and like it, though I would like it better if the pins were a bit brighter.

I plan on upgrading to a Cobra Sidewinder LX after this season though, the pins on it are amazing.
I have this site and love it. The pins really light up and are easy to see in low light conditions. It's also very stable and easy to adjust.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:18 PM

If your pins are that close then I think I'd use a single pin adjustable.
ABSOLUTELY! I agree. The pin gap on todays faster shooting bows is so close they just get all juggled up....for me anyway. Cobra makes a great single pin, the King Cobra I, but my personal favorite is the Vital Bow Gear StarTrack. Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. HHA makes a great slider as well.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

nuther vote for a single pin adjustable. I have one of the lower priced models from cabelas and it works great. I have been using one pin for awhile now but went to a one pin adjustable last year, nothing better in my opinion. With a range finder and some practice you'll impress your friends, unlimited yardage adjustment. mine is marked at 20-25-30-35-40-45-50-55-60 yds. But hunting I pretty much leave it at 25 yds.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Campo

I would look at a sword sight.
I have one and they are simply awesome!
Yep, Sword is great! They have .029, .019 and .010 pins. Try the .019 pins, or if your eyes are really good, the .010.

This is what I use, it's the SwordApex Twilight Hunter.

Quick Reply: Need a New Sight.....help wanted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.